Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Which acne product is safe during pregnancy

Which acne product is safe to use during pregnancy? I’m having a major hormone changing. I’m on my 1st trimester. Thanks!

Re: Which acne product is safe during pregnancy

@Zee1995 Congratulations! I recommend reaching out to your Physician for assistance with pregnancy safe skincare products! Thank you!

Best,
Rebecca

Which acne product is safe during pregnancy

I recommend salicylic acid and niacinamide. Both are great for acne(I use them specifically for hormonal breakouts). But be careful which you choose because so many companies add a ton of unnecessary ingredients. The Ordinary is a great option. They're inexpensive and don't add a bunch of expensive fillers to drive up the price. Hope this helps

@ShariCola just FYI you are not suppose to use salicylic acid when pregnant. 

Taking salicylic acid orally during pregnancy can increase the risk of intracranial bleeding but it's perfectly safe for topical use. So says every medical journal published on the topic in the last 10 years lol

@SportyGirly125

@ShariCola I just know that and retinol are a big no no and asked my OB-GYN.  It gets absorbed into the skin.  When you are pregnant you don’t want to risk these things. 

Doctors suggest no more than 2%. A small amount and it's extremely safe lol. I assure you. They all agree. That's why I recommended her The Ordinary. Because none of their products contain more than 2% salicylic acid.

I never had a single pimple my entire life before I got pregnant. I broke out terribly. My father (who was an OBGYN) recommended very similar products to what I recommended her. Not only did I go over it with my own doctor, I did an extensive amount of research, as most terrified expectant mother's do, and concluded it was perfectly safe. 

I don't expect her, or any woman to just take my word at the risk of her own child. Luckily, such information is readily available to anyone seeking it.

@Zee1995  I would talk to your dr. Anything you put on your body gets absorbed. So you should make sure it’s safe. 

I recommend salicylic acid and niacinamide. Both are grea...

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing