Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

What primer is everyone loving?

I need a new primer. My skin is usually oily but with being just over 40 it has become dry this winter. I have a small thing of Hourglass veil and it was fine. Just wondering if there is something better?

Re: What primer is everyone loving?

Hi @HockeyMom4life ,

I love the BECCA - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector  and the Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g Both help with oiliness, minimize the look of pores and help my make up stay matte throughout the day. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I am in love with SMASHBOX - Photo Finish Primerizer

Anonymous Insider

What primer is everyone loving?

I've been using the Benefit Porefessional primer for years (long before YouTube beauty gurus were a thing). I have oily skin and large pores, so it really helps. I'm anxious to try the gripping primer from CoverFX.

@HockeyMom4life I love the LAURA MERCIER - Foundation Primer - Radiance.

I have found not only does it help my makeup last longer but it also gives a natural glow to my skin that leaves my foundation more radiant. 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: What primer is everyone loving?

I love the benefits primer! Specifically the pink bottle it smells and feels amazing on the skin! And is not too heavy hehe love it!

My skin is on the oily side, but I've found that primers for oily skin either don't work at all or they make your foundation go on super cakey. My hands-down favorite primer is Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer. It has a subtle tint so that you can wear it alone when you're just running errands, but it's also compatible with any foundation. I've found that it helps keep shine minimal but also doesn't create nasty dry patches. I love it! tarte BB blur tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen Fair

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing