Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

What are SAFE skincare brands that can be used during pregnancy?

Safe skincare brands during pregnancy?

Re: What are SAFE skincare brands that can be used during pregnancy?

Hey @kalikutie! Congrats on your incoming bundle of joy! As far as pregnancy safe skincare brands I’m not sure that there’s an entirely “safe brand” because it depends on specific ingredients used within each formulation. Sunday Riley has a lot of information available online about which of their products are safe for pregnant and lactating women, and I found them to have good results. Other clean brands that seem to have safe ingredients for pregnant women include Tatcha, Boscia, Farmacy and Tarte. I used/use all these brands while pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s most important to check each invididual product’s ingredient list against a one of the readily available “skincare ingredients to avoid while pregnant” guides that are online and/or consult with your OBGYN for further guidance.  Big ingredients to stay away from are salicylic acid, retinol, and formaldehyde’s.  Also, I read about the dangers of aluminum based deodorant and switched to something more natural like Lavanile. Lastly, take a look into the concerns with chemical sunscreens- I switched to mineral/physical based to calm my worries. Good luck and have a fabulous pregnancy!!! ❤️

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing