Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

Surviving Covid19 Beauty Advice NEEDED♥️😳🤷🏼‍♀️

Okay here it goes.... So I know we're all in pretty much the same boat as far as being stuck at home and not being able to maintain our beauty luxuries that I now feel and probably a lot of us do. We are quicklyrealizing we took for granted and never prepared in our lifetimes seeing a Pandemic other than in the movies! From our salons being closed or toour normal go to beauty supply stores being closed and we'll pretty much everything being shut down and being in isolation! So I need yourwonderful people suggestions on how to keep it up as much as possible at home and on my own🤷🏼‍♀️ 💇🏼‍♀️Let's start with HAIR! I'm naturally strawberry blonde, but I like to be more BLOND than strawberry. I have super thin hair so I usually get layers and some lowlights to add dimension for volume! products? brands? suggests? lay it on me! 🙏😳 Also, please no judgement or negative vibes. I usually get Botox onforehead, between eyebrows, and a timely bit to under my brows to give alittle arch. I only get it every 6 months and well I can't right now. solet's talk skincare!! I am 34 and I have dry skin, not a lot of problems with acne, other than the occasional blemish that just won't quit! I am fair skinned and I get some redness on my cheeks. I would like to know what you all suggest!! From products with real results, and routines that work! Now we move on to not wanting to look like a 👻! I usuallyget airbrushed for health reasons I have moved away from the tanning bed addiction I used to have! Also it's just prettier and quicker results! Being fair skinned to get dark takes too long! Again what are you guys doing at home!?! Products, Brands, and routines that actually work! and I don't want to look 🍊 either! Then there is the eye brow situationlol! I usually get them done ànd it's another thing that's off the table at the moment! So advice would be AWESOME! Tools, Products, and routines! Lay it all on me! Now if you are anything like myself, this girl has been non stop washing my hands, using hand sanitizer, and cleaning pretty much constantly! My hands are dry, and my nails are wrecked! I don't usually get Mani or pedis unless it's a special occasion. I need a good polish that won't chip In 2 days! what are somegood hand creams, hand/feet masks, cuticle oils, nail strengtheners, and so on that you all swear by? I also am looking for a toning product for my legs, booty, and tummy! I'm a mom of 4 and I recently lost a lot ofweight really quickly! So I have some stretch marks and cellulite that I would rather be less noticable! I am trying my best to keep taking care of myself. I miss the GYM soooo much! I miss my routines! I miss well everything!! I was getting contouring done and well that won't be happening either not until at least mid June(Fingers Crossed) I'm currently trying to juggle working from home, my online classes,homeschooling my kiddos(one having special needs) and being a supportive Military wife through all this.Leaves making time for myself right nowis super HARD! I feel like I've gone back in time to before my kids were in school. I didn't make time for myself, and I let all things ME fall to the side. They are now 8,9,10, and 12. It wasn't until I met my current husband that I found myself again, and being encouraged thattaking time for me wasn't a criminal offense 😂 It doesn't make me a BAD mom, I actually found it makes me a way better one! I'm sure that thereare so many of you that are in the same boat or can relate in some ways! Also if you have any suggestions on easy quicky make up routines andproducts. Please share those too! I have been in messy bun and bare face mode because I just can't catch up or find the time, and when I do I'mtoo exhausted! SO... I hope that you guys share all you tips and tricks.I would be so grateful and thankful for it! I appreciate everyone of you that took the time to read this and provides your feedback and support. Stay strong, stay safe, and stay home😉! Remember that this is notforever, and we will get through it! I hope with the help of you guys, I might have a chance getting through it and not looking I'm aboard the hot mess express! Day #20 with 67 days left to go! XOXO ♥️ Lauren

Re: Surviving Covid19 Beauty Advice NEEDED♥️😳🤷🏼‍♀️

Re: Surviving Covid19 Beauty Advice NEEDED♥️😳🤷🏼‍♀️

@eodwifey127 

I’ll just tackle the hair bit. I’m a stylist, I wouldn’t suggest at home low lighting as you’ll never be able to match what’s already been started - however I totally get hair is something that makes people feel beautiful and would never shame people for picking up a box colour as a coping mechanism. Everything is fixable. What I would stay away from is violet shampoos as they are meant to fight yellow. 
Your recent weight loss may attribute to your fine hair if you are restricting calories. Your hair is generally the first thing your body decides isn’t worth wasting calories on when your in starvation mode, just an FYI. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing