cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Suggestions for Poor Mama Skin

Hi mamas,

Just turned 30 today and had a baby 9 months ago. Growing up my skin was always oily and acne prone but the last couple years that changed. And now after having a baby my skin is so dreary and dull. It’s dry but still sometimes a little prone to very small breakouts. And my pores are so dark and huge (pic included). My skin looks like I’m double my age. I’m an outdoorsy, laid-back type when it comes to make-up and skin care. I’m looking for a simple but powerful routine/care line. Please help with recommendations! Thanks in advance!!

3CFCA2D4-84E5-4F59-B12B-D2C27AEC7205.jpeg

RE: Suggestions for Poor Mama Skin

Hi I would recommend you using an exfoliator to get rid of dead skin and bring that baby skin hiding underneath back to surface. My skin is oily but I tend to get dry patches and can get dehydrated if I neglect it. I use dermalogica daily microfoliant which is sensitive enough to use on my skin everyday without it irritating it. Trust me after one use you will see the difference and it doesn’t feel harsh. Since you mentioned ur outdoorsy I would recommend u use a moisturizer that has SPF in itand tinted moisturizer with SPF just find one with no fragrance in it so it doesn’t irritate ur skin. For the days where you have more time orspecial occasions use a pore filler I’ve tried the Cover FX blurring and Smashbox pore minimizer but I know there is tons of great options out there. At night I would recommend for you to try and use hydratingcreams or serums. Even though I have oily skin I use them so that when Iwake up my skin is plump and moisturized. My current Fayv is Dermalogica Calm water gel and two serums from Target that have Kale & vitamin Bwhich hydrates & soothes dry skin and the other has ginger and vitamin Cwhich brightens dark spots and uneven skin tone. I think the key part of any routine is being consistent and u will see a difference. Also, Before I forget I would recommend a toner I use a witch hazel one on the areas where I tend to get small breakouts, it helps and isn’t harsh on my skin. Hope this helps, goodluck 🙏🏼❤️
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • 3CFCA2D4-84E5-4F59-B12B-D2C27AEC7205.jpeg
testing