Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Stretch marks

any recommendations to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy & how to get rid of stretch marks

Stretch marks

I don't know that you can get rid of stretch marks or even really avoid them. I think its genetics. You can help your skin by keeping it very moisturized at all times. Some oils and lotions with vitamin E will help the skin. There are treatments where they laser your skin and then your skin scabs and reveals "new" skin but that is probably EXPENSIVE. .. you do you what makes you happy on your body but stretch marks are insignificant... You beautiful Girl

RE: Stretch marks

I’ve read that posture plays a big part. When you’re standing and sitting make sure you’re not resting your weight in your pelvic floor; stand straight and engage your core. Make sure you continue to moisturize obsessively after babe is born to help your skin tighten up

Keep that belly lubed up at all times! I found it doesn’t really matter what you use as long as it’s always moisturized. Anything with cocoa butter is usually best though. I once heard that if your belly itches that means your skin is dehydrated. So make sure if your itchy to moisturize! If you already have stretch marks, use an oil or balm with vitamin E. Good luck mamma!

Re: Stretch marks

Moisturize all the time and hydrate so that your tummy can stay soft. Personally I liked the butters  shea and cocoa. but that is just me.

Anonymous Insider

Try using any stretch mark lotion or oil from palmers or try Shea Butter the kind you can get from the beauty supply store it works amazing

When i was pregnant with both my kids i would moisturize...

When i was pregnant with both my kids i would moisturize my skin to death and no scratching-instead i would slap my skin if i had an itch. The lotion that i used was from palmers specifically formulated for pregnancy. I used it for my stomach, lower back and sides. I have 3 very little an very light stretch marks by my belly button that you can see only if i point it out and almost invisible stretch marks across the bottom of my back- can barely see or feel them unless i point it out as well-and thats after 2 kids.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing