Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Postpartum Skin help!!!

My skin has been CRAZY ever since having my baby this past November. I went from the most balanced, clear, and gorgeous skin during pregnancy to the most horrible dry patches and some breakouts Also my hair is starting to fall out a little. I thought this would have happened earlier, but it has just started now that my baby is nearly 3 months! 

Help!! Any hair/skin tips? I have always had oily skin growing up, and I just don't know what to do about this dry skin. No amount of moisturizer seems to be enough!

Re: Postpartum Skin help!!!

@EmilysReviews  Congratulations on having your baby!!! My skin revolted bad after I had my son as well. I had to try a few different things before it worked. I also was trying to breastfeed so I was careful with the products I was using. The one that really helped my dry patches was Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 g it’s super thick but it worked wonders. I put it on before bed. It’s a tad sticky too and In the morning my skin was so much better. I also used Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL I used this every night. I am still using it now too. 

I had my baby in may and I didn’t notice my hair loss until maybe September. And when I noticed it it was bad. I was loosing chunks of my hair. I was super nervous. I did use a lot of different products I’m not sure I could pin point one that really helped. And when my hair started growing back in I literally had hair that was so short and sticking straight up. It was insane. I felt like it took forever to grow back out. Eventually it grew back and I’m not loosing as much hair now. I used OUAI Cleansing Scalp & Body Sugar Scrub 8.8 oz/ 250 g I used it once a week I think it helped stimulate my follicles to grow faster. But that could be in my head. It feels super nice and smells amazing. Good luck!!!

In regards to the hair loss, are you back on birth control? Sometimes that can cause hormonal changes to happen slower. I love Fresh's rose floral toner for dry patches.

@EmilysReviews You can try The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

CAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer

FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

these products helped me after I had my daughter in September 

I was using the Fresh moisturizers after I found it in the back of my cabinet, and it did wonders to get my skin back on track this past week!

FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing