Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Postpartum Hair loss

hey moms! I'm losing so much hair after giving birth and was wondering what products do you recommend to bring back the thickness and volume back to my boring dull hair!! i ever layered up my hair to bring back some life but doesn't seem like it made much of a difference. Please help!!!  

Tags:

Re: Postpartum Hair loss

Thanks @Spanisheyes1010 for reviving this!! Perfect timing, I’ve got all these new growth flyaways around my face and couldn’t figure out where they’re coming from. Mystery solved!! (And now with further investigation it’s my whole head that’s got the little hairs). 10 months post, guessing my hair is starting to go back to its original state 🙂 

Also a little late, but I used Biota after losing hair post-partum. It may not have prevented it, but it did seem to make the hair I had left more voluminous. I found it at Duane Reade/Walgreens!

Postpartum Hair loss

I see this is a slightly old thread (hopefully you got your hair loss under control now)...but I thought I would post to help others who might stumble on this 😁. I struggled with this problem (actually came as a shock as no one told me that was a thing haha). My hair has always been thick but came out pretty bad from about 3-6 months postpartum. Along with my normal shampoo I used a conditioner I found at Target by OGX with biotin & collagen. It seemed to really help and now I am going on 9 months postpartum and my hair is back to its normal thickness. https://www.target.com/p/ogx-thick-full-biotin-collagen-conditioner-13oz/-/A-14465610?ref=tgt_adv_XS...

RE: Postpartum Hair loss

I went through the same, all the hair you didn’t loose during pregnancy you’ll loose it once all your hormones leaves your body; From my experience is better to let it run its course, what I did use was Castor oil and I’m seeing my hair getting back to normal.

I experienced the same. I had to get bangs to hide the lo...

I experienced the same. I had to get bangs to hide the loss of hair around my hairline 😕 After my second pregnancy though, I noticed an increase in hair growth after I started taking my prenatal vitamins again.

Postpartum Hair loss

I actually bought some Pantene leave in conditioning treatment ... it did a good job because I am now getting baby hairs coming in. however time and doing your hair differently works too 😉

RE: Postpartum Hair loss

This is normal but I have learned that pure organic coconut oil works wonder especially if you use it as a deep conditioner and coconut oil with the Cat spray by redken omg this combo helped me grow my hair out and keep that health shine you should really try this out

This is completely normal and it WILL STOP, and probably very soon. There really isnt a magic cure to end the shedding as it is due to hormones but you can take steps to ensure your new hair comes back healthy and strong. Your diet is crucial and now is not the time to be dieting or cutting out fat. Add biotin supplements, consider using Nioxin products (in my experience they absolutely do work) and check with your doctor that you arent anemic or borderline. Try not to panic and rest assured this is only temporary. 🙂

Hi @abalayn, I feel you! My second baby is 4 months old now, and I'm finally starting to notice less hair falling out. Oh how I loved that lush, thick pregnancy hair! The good news, as @RachFace2921 said, is that this phase is only temporary and you won't be shedding like a long-haired cat for long. 🙂

Something that I've been using weekly is the Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt. This is a scalp exfoliating product that helps keep the scalp super clean, which helps pump up the volume, as well as makes the hair nice and shiny. It's also very stimulating, which helps encourage new growth.

I hope that helps!

Hi @abalayn, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't fight this one... when you're pregnant your hormones actually make you shed a lot less hair, and after the baby's born, it's like your scalp realizes it's been in a pregnancy induced coma and goes way overboard.  With both my kids, it was at its peak between months 4 and 6, and finally tapered off around month 7.  

Alas, the only thing that looks more ridiculous than the bald patches are the tiny hairs that stick straight out of your head as it starts to grow back.  Another mom on this message board had a nifty trick involving a toothbrush and hairspray, but I've never given that a shot.  I just learned to laugh at it.  Rest assured, it's only temporary.  

RE: Re: Postpartum Hair loss

That’s what I thought. I am 5 months postpartum and I’ve tried a bunch of stuff and my hair just keeps falling out in chunks.
11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing