Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

Post-partum beauty routine suggestions

I’m about to have baby #2 and I’ve been focusing on skin quality and having a good skin care routine. I really want to have a solid 5 minute make up routine to make me feel human after I have this baby. I have bare Minerals tinted moisturizer and just ordered the foundation stick. My concern is not looking tired and managing puffy eyes and/or dark circles. Anyone have any suggestions for products? Not sure what the best direction is to go... Also, Just purchased an eye serum from Drunk Elephant and it’s amazing leaving the area around my eyes so smooth, I’m hoping that in itself will help.

RE: Post-partum beauty routine suggestions

I think a good caffeine infused eye cream is so important. The Sephora collection makes one and it’s affordable and clean. It helps with dark circles a ton. My skin freaked out for a solid 2 months after having my youngest and breastfeeding made it worse. I used a tea tree oil mask that really helped because I was trying to keep it natural. Breastfeeding makes hormone levels a little lower than usual and can cause hormonal acne like what appears before a period. It sucks and I was not prepared for it lol.

Post-partum beauty routine suggestions

During and after I delivered my twins, I found that I ended up with dark spots on my face (mostly freckles that got darker). When I started using Caudalie concentrated brightening essence, and within a week I definitely had a more even skin tone. After delivering, my skincare routine became Youth to the People superfood cleanser, Caudalie concentrated brightening essence, Caudalie vinosource SOS thirst quenching serum, and Caudalie vine[activ] energizing and smoothing eye cream, and within a week I was getting compliments on my complexion daily. I recommend all of those products, but the brightening essence was definitely the best part of my routine.

Re: Post-partum beauty routine suggestions

@andreajones after being in the hospital for 4 days after having my son, I didn’t take care of my skin very well. It become overly dehydrated from the air and lack of sleep. Tatcha’s skincare line helped my skin care routine be back to normal again. I am pregnant with my second and will be due in a couple months. To help with tired eyes I would suggest ORIGINS - GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff and The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Also LANEIGE - Eye Sleeping Mask helped me a lot  

RE: Re: Post-partum beauty routine suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions!! Definitely going to be a whole different ball game this time! Do you have a concealer that you would recommend that’s not too heavy for under eyes?

Re: RE: Re: Post-partum beauty routine suggestions

@andreajones I use Cle de Peau. It’s the best I have tried for my skin and it has spf. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing