Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|
Anonymous Insider

Hi y'all, I'm new here. I have eczema and sometimes it's embarrassing to wear my hair in a high pony tail because I have eczema on the back of my neck and behind me ears. It's quite embarrassing. I also sometime get on my face. Does anyone have any good advice on something that may help? 

Re: Newbie

Hi, 

I had eczema on my face when I was in high school. It started to get super scaly and dark, and it began spreading. What helped me was daily exfoliation and massaging extra virgin coconut oil (look for the cold pressed) into it. I would even touch it up between classes as soon as it started feeling dry again. My chin looked greasy and some people asked me why, I told them it was none of their business and kept it up, and my eczema vanished. After the scales went away and only the dark spot remained, I kept exfoliating. In college I discovered the Murad dark spot remover and I used it on that area and a few acne scars that I had and my chin looks like I never had eczema there. Something else that helped was switching my cleansers and other skin care products to more natural, cleaner options from what I used initially. The eczema helped me realize that I have slightly sensitive skin, so I'm more cautious when it comes to what I put on my face. If you haven't already, switch to gentler soaps and try gently exfoliating the area every few days or daily if you can. Try coconut oil or any other moisturizing oils that help with repairing skin and simply touch up as soon as your skin begins to feel dry again. When the scales go away, you can try a gentle spot remover if you have any dark marks left behind. I hope this works for you!  Be blessed 👍🏽❤️

RE: Newbie

Hi there! I get eczema too and it’s really important to hydrate and moisturize daily! Omega 369 is great too as an anti inflammatory. Drink plenty of water. Some skin care that really helps and won’t sting are it cosmetics confidence in a cream, or belif moisture bomb. I also love the first aid beauty oat toner. Stay away from products that have fragrance and alcohol denatured. For the body glysomed hand cream for eczema, la Roche posay lipikar Baume ap+, you can use that on the face and body. Curel anti itch or itch defence is great too I’ve been using it for years and haven’t had any flare ups on my arms or legs since. I’ve tried sooo many products to help with my eczema and these I trust and I highly recommend. Oh I also just started using the skin fix lipid peptide cream and it’s amazing. I usually have this red blotchy under the skin rash around my nose and mouth. And it doesn’t burn or anything it’s just almost always there. And it’s gone away since the first night I used that moisturizer. It absorbs really well and doesn’t leave your skin greasy.

RE: Newbie

Hi! I would look into herbal support which I don’t think is talked about enough for skincare especially eczema. Try a calendula salve which promotes healthy skin cells. Gotu kola and dandelion root. And omega 3’s. A good quality one I like for my skin is Nordic Naturals. They have a vegan option too 💜 everybody is different though so see what works for you. Horsetail is good for skin also. And nettles are really nourishing.

If possible consider, if you can push past the embarrassment and wear it up, cause I found my skin did not like to be "disturbed" like at all. 😔 Just a thought.

Handmade african black soap and 100%shea butter cleared my eczema. With the black soap you have to be really gentle lather in your hands and then spread it on the area because it has granules that can irritate if rubbed into the skin.

I get eczema on my scalp and around my nose! For the scalp I use Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL so this might work for around your neck and ears. For my face I use LORD JONES - Royal Oil 1000mg Pure CBD Oil or Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL to hydrate and soothe. When my skin isn't super flared up I used SEPHORA COLLECTION - Glow Peel Pads to gently exfoliate so my skin isn't so dry/flaky.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much for the advice. I will certainly look into these products. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing