cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|
Anonymous Insider

New to makeup.

Am new to makeup. Well I love doing my eyes play with eyeshadows but other that eyeshadows I have no idea. When it came to foundations, concealer etc.? Also how do you do it when getting ready with your kids/baby?? I have two beautiful girls a 6 months and a 5 year old.  Which I only breastfeed my baby girl. 

Re: New to makeup.

If what you really enjoy is doing your eyeshadow, there's no reason you have to spend lots of time on everything else. Ultimately, what you do with your own face should be what you enjoy. (And judging by your profile photo, your skin looks great, so you don't need to worry too much about figuring out foundation if you don't want to.)

When it comes to choosing foundation and concealer, they tend to be pretty personal to a person's skin. If you stop by a Sephora storefront, they should be willing to make you up to three sample pots of products to try per visit, which can let you try out different foundations/concealers on your own skin without spending money. 

(Speaking of playing with makeup, I personally find that a well-chosen blush palette can be almost as much fun as a eyeshadow palette, and just as versatile!)

On the topic of getting ready with kids: Once the kids are old enough to pay attention to your makeup application, you may find them fascinated with all the shiny eyeshadows. In order to preemptively prevent them from sticking their hands into said eyeshadows in an attempt to play, I recommend you get them their "own palettes"-- you can pick up any random palette at the dollar store to give them. They're playing pretend, so price/pigmentation doesn't actually matter. And then hopefully, they'll be content to play with their very own "makeup", while leaving yours alone.

RE: New to makeup.

I agree with @SportyGirly125. Eventually you fall into a routine. You may need to get up a few minutes earlier if you can just to add on a few products. And it’s super hard with an infant. Does she like sitting in a bouncy chair? You could sit her in something near you while you get ready. My 5 year old likes doing her own “makeup” while I do mine. So maybe include her to make it a little easier on yourself. Best of luck mama
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: New to makeup.

Thank you for your idea for my babygirl sitting in a bouncy chair and including my five year old doing her makeup. Really appreciated 

@Anonymous it’s tough being a Mom and trying to get ready. What I do is bare minimum if I don’t have time.  Only do what you think you need like brows, lipgloss or blush, etc after foundation/concealer.  Or if you know you need more time wake up a little earlier than normal. It’s hard with little ones but eventually you will figure out a routine. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate. Yes I would have to figure out a routine. 

Hi @sillygirl30 - While I don't have children, I get not having much time to devote to doing my makeup. I find that just putting on some mascara, tinted moisturizer, concealer, and bronzer makes a huge difference. I like the following products -

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine

BECCA - Under Eye Brightening Corrector

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black

HOURGLASS - Ambient® Lighting Bronzer - Diffused Bronze Light

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for giving me tips of what kind of products you use. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing