Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

New Mom

I have a 5 month old baby girl and I am just starting to feel like myself again. I want to have a different look or what you would call a mommy glow. I'm new to makeup and I have no idea what to purchase just for a natural everyday look. Helppppp

RE: New Mom

Vitamin C serums and facial oils are my go to’s for glow! If you can get to store have them make you some samples to try before you buy. Also I add Josie Marans illuminator to my moisturizer. And make sure you have a good eye cream always!

Re: New Mom

Hi @Britelle, congrats on the new addition, and I'm glad to hear you're focused on yourself while you care for your little one.  I learned a lot of tough lessons with my first, and did much better job taking care of myself the second time around...

Quick products that do double duty are great.  I recommend a BB cream or skin tint with spf.  I really like Dr. Jart BB, and Philosophy Renewed hope in a jar skintint.  I'm a big fan of urban decay eye shadows, but if you want to experiment with shadow without spending a ton, drugstore brands have a lot to offer.  Something in a neutral tone with a bit of shimmer is universally flattering.  Covergirl lash blast volume mascara is my holy grail.

RE: Re: New Mom

Hi there! I agree with the comments below: congrats on your family and it’s admirable that only five months post-partum, you are starting your path to self-care. I absolutely love Dr. Jart’s BB cream, especially the premium version. The dis-a- pore is a bit more appealing to me because it doesn’t contain any parabens, according to its ingredient list. As far as a glow, you may want to look into facial oils with Vit C. Best wishes and good luck!
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing