From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! As it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me..

Zero hormone birth control.

RE: Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! \nAs it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me..

I hate birth control with hormones too. I have been using Mirena for 3 years which is pretty much the lowest hormone bc method that contains hormones. Nonhormone methods are the copper iud (has side effects also) and barrier methods/timed intercourse etc. With Mirena there are side effects like back pain but mood swings are minimal and it actually keeps things pretty level. A lot of people stop having periods while on it or have light periods without much cramps. I really wanted something reliable without too many symptoms and Mirena is the only thing I could find. It’s okay but I wish there was a better alternative.
Anonymous Insider

Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! \nAs it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me..

I've been using the copper IUD for about three years and works great for me. But there are risk factors so talk to your doctor. That's the only non-hormonal I know about.

Re: Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! \nAs it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me..

I've had a copper IUD for two years and I'm pleased. Sometimes cramps are a little more intense, but it's worth it. Hormonal birth control made me...hormonal.

Re: Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! As it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me..

Your best bet is probably the copper IUD. It's a non-hormonal birth control that also needs to be inserted by a doctor (just like the Mirena). I would also recommend seeing your doctor for advice though, as they can go over all the options and pros/cons with you. Also, sometimes the best treatment for out of whack hormones is more/different hormones, as odd as that might sound. 

RE: Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! \nAs it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me..

I believe norethindrone is one if I’m not mistaken but I could be wrong. But just a suggestion (:

Re: RE: Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! \nAs it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me.

Norethindrone is a hormone. It’s a form of progestin. It’s just not a form of estrogen.

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! \nAs it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me.

That would explain why it makes me so crazy! 

Re: Moms, I need a birth control with zero hormones! I repeat zero hormones! As it is mine are crazy apparently, I’m 33 please help me..

Your options are limited, but there are non-hormonal contraceptives. I would recommend speaking with your doctor about what is available to find what is best for you. 

@Jennag323 If you're open to it, Paraguard is an option. It's an IUD (intrauterine device). I don't know if anything over the counter exists.

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing