Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Parents Only
|

Mommy Needing her non-mommy look back!

Hello yโ€™all! New to the group! Saw mommy group and I thought I could relate! I have one 2 year old daughter and I can already tell that she will love makeup! Haha But I know Iโ€™ve lost my sense of care to myself and Iโ€™m starting to rekindle my love for self-care and great products

9D346150-4544-4947-9FF8-CDA2986BCC50.jpeg

RE: Mommy Needing her non-mommy look back!

Oh! Lips- use a neutral lip gloss (I like soap & glory, Clinique and tarte) to give your lips a natural fresh tint

RE: Mommy Needing her non-mommy look back!

Good for you lady! Self care makes a huge difference day to day- I would start with a few simple things that are quality but quick. For skin- try to treat yourself to a a face mask twice a week. Pending on your skin concerns- if you donโ€™t have one Iโ€™d opt for anything brightening! I love que Bellaโ€™s vitamin c peel off mask (target) and I love the masks from โ€œsay yes toโ€ (target) but if youโ€™re short on time (hello every parent ever) I love their overnight sleeping masks (sold at Ulta) the charcoal and grapefruit ones are my favorite. Spf on your skin every day no less then 30SPF (I like unscented Alba) and I also love to Moisturize with belief moisture bomb. For toner I use organic witch hazel- skin clearing and non drying. Now that skin care is out of the way- Makeup: try illuminating foundations. If you donโ€™t want foundation opt for a tinted moisturizer or CC cream so you feel a little fresh and balanced. Use a mascara that lengthens and thickens so you donโ€™t even have to worry about eyeliner and can skip that step when youโ€™re on the go. And use either a lighter bronzer or a warm fresh blush color to give your face some life life. Iโ€™d use a liquid or cream highlighter if you want to go the extra mile and you can blend it quickly

Re: Mommy Needing her non-mommy look back!

welcome mama!! beautiful mama and baby girl!! 

i probably wear makeup 3 times a week now - down from just about every day - but my full face now is far different from my full face then!  i long for the days when "its blended well enough" won't even cross my mind!  right now i have 2 extremes - either try to do everything quickly while she sleeps or i do everything in stages with breaks to entertain/feed/change miss ella! 

IMG_8097.JPG

Ha, yep, itโ€™s a challenge to get glammed up!  I think I manage to wear a full face maybe twice a week depending on how early I wake up, if baby is in a good mood, and how well he naps at morning nap time.  @danidre@bakeamuffin  It is getting easier (or iโ€™m getting quicker) as he gets a bit older but I do dream of the day I can sit down and give my face the attention I used to.  

@danidre Welcome to the BIC!! ๐Ÿ˜„ you and your daughter are gorgeous! I totally hear you, it is a difficult balance to keep up a self-care routine, while being a mommy, and having all of lifeโ€™s other responsibilities! This community has really helped me find great products and the overall positivity and support are so uplifting and awesome! I hope you love it here โค๏ธ5B2CB8F2-D195-44D8-934B-6A28C1E048C4.jpeg

@bakeamuffin I watched a Wayne Goss video last night and there was a cooking video in the list to the side.  I watched it and you look just like her.  By any chance do you have a cooking YouTube channel?

@Fernleaf awe no, I wish!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I would legitimately love to have a baking or cooking Chanel ๐Ÿฉ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฅ˜๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ–๐Ÿž๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿฅ–

@bakeamuffin Aw shoot. That would have been really cool! BTW You are beautiful and your kids are so cute!! I am still trying to find a good man (through all the terrible men in this world I keep finding) to have a family with.  You look so blessed โค๏ธ

You are so sweet @Fernleaf! โค๏ธ Thank you for your kindness โค๏ธโค๏ธ In truth, I think most of us seek a person to grow with and have a connection to. Youโ€™re whole without that person, but Iโ€™m sure he will enter your life soon, life has a way of giving us what we ask for when we believe we deserve it and are ready to receive it โค๏ธ Happy New year! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 51 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos3
  • 9D346150-4544-4947-9FF8-CDA2986BCC50.jpeg
  • 5B2CB8F2-D195-44D8-934B-6A28C1E048C4.jpeg
  • IMG_8097.JPG
testing