Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Mom question

If you had 25 hours a day but everyone else would only have 24 hours a day how would you spend the extra time?

RE: Mom question

cry for a second and dust it off...do things i say id want to do but never get a chance. try to do a perplex hairstyle, go for a walk, meditate, yoga! the possibilities are a tease lol

Re: RE: Mom question

@mara312  Aww I love your answer! I saw a meme the other day that said adulthood is wanting to cry for 4 days straight but not having time. And I sent it to my husband and was like yup sums up my life!!

Mom question

I'd like to say I'd clean the kitchen, or do something productive... but realistically, I'd panic with excitement and potential for 20mins and spend the next 40 comatose on the couch. 🤷

Re: Mom question

@KayPB  I totally do that and I always have big plans like cleaning up the basement! 

In law school!

Kickboxing

Swimming!
Anonymous Insider

I would sit on my porch in my favorite chair and look out at the leaves changing and the breeze blowing in this beautiful TN countryside I live in....ALONE.....without little ones saying MOMMYMOMMYMOMMY 😬🤪

@Anonymous aww that sounds so peaceful!!

😂😂 @Georgiamama I wonder sometimes... do they forget ho...

😂😂 @Anonymous I wonder sometimes... do they forget how to say daddy!! haha

Mom question

Right now sleep. Hard to get a goodnight sleep with a toddler. Or maybe watch something I want to watch on TV.

@bookwyrmm ahh it doesn't get better when they are toddlers?? I go to mommy groups and all the mommys tell me their toddlers sleep 12 hours at night. My baby gets up every hour.... 12 hours seemed like an amazing night to me 

@ather12 hours?!  On a good night, we get her to sleep by 8:30 (usually closer to 9:00) and she's usually up by 7:00 on weekends.  Plus, we are going through a phase where she refuses to sleep in her own bed all night, so that is lots of fun, too.

@ather Get prepared.  You have so much to look forward to.  Right when you think they will sleep through the night they will go through teething.  My son started when he was 4 months old.  Then when they get to be 2 they will start talking back to you and their favorite word will be "no."  Also, as toddlers they will have nightmares so they will get up in the middle of the night.  Plus at almost 3 my son wants to be independent and do things on his own and the tantrums have started.  Right now we are potty training him and that seems tuff.  In the end it's exhausting but all worth it.

Eeek! We are trying to start the potty training thing too. Any tips @SportyGirly125?

@ShortErica Be consistent is what our daycare told us.  Take them to the potty every 30 minutes in the beginning and ask them if they need to go even if they don't.  Make it fun and offer them a sticker or something when they do sit and go.  Also, it helps that they are able take off their bottoms and diapers/training pants on their own.  If they can't just keep teaching them.  We have been doing it for a couple weeks now and each week it is getting better.

The last tip our daycare told us is you have to be committed to it.  So when you are ready to start you have to start and make sure your daughter or son is ready as well.  If they are not it's okay just keep trying and eventually they will sit and go potty when they are ready. 

My poor husband stays at home with them. Well we have twins and he's trying to figure out a system. We always make them try to go before bath time and that has been a good start. They will go a lot of the time if we sit them on it but them asking to go would be so helpful since there's two running around. That's definitely a big ask at this point for them to initiate so we're trying to be patient.

@SportyGirly125 Good luck with potty training!! Ive heard its so hard. Ive also heard boys are harder... and i have a boy too!! But your right its all worth it in the end!! 

Ladies it has been quite a few years since I went through potty training but I would like to share what worked for me and give you a little background. My dad was terminal and he required a lot of of attention when my son was 2 years old. I use to dress him in Mickey Mouse socks. I waited to potty train him until 2 months after my dad passed away. It only took me 2 weeks because I could reason with my son. He was told that if he had an accident he had to wear both white socks and white underwear. At that point he was 2 months shy of his third birthday. He maybe had 2 accidents since then. He loved his character underwear.

There really is no rush to potty training.

@ather my two year olds sleep 10-11 hours a night but still take a 2-3 hour nap. They are getting their 2 year molars so we're hoping for 12 hours once that's done. But we've been lucky and they've always been pretty good sleepers. 🙂

31 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 118 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing