Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

Kiddie Fingers

Do you guys have any issues with your little one getting in to your makeup? How do you deal? She wants to “play” but just ends up destroying! Help!

RE: Kiddie Fingers

My little one loves to play makeup with mommy but she knows that she only touches it when mommy is there to help her. She’s 5 years old.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Kiddie Fingers

Oh my gracious, YES! And my kiddos are boys but my 2 year old is always trying to get in to my makeup! I usually dig down in my kit and find an old brush I don’t use anymore (or a spare sponge) and let him hold those. He seems content to just hold them, so he feels like he’s a part of what I’m doing, and then goes back to watch Paw Patrol lol

Kiddie Fingers

@smileitsdani omg yeah, my two little ones are boys, but they still watch me and try to mimic me with the brushes 😂 thank goodness they have never found my eyeshadows!

Kiddie Fingers

I've had to reorganize my makeup to keep my toddler out of it. She is very interested in watching me, though, so I'll let her have a makeup brush to play with, and maybe some lip balm if supervised. I have some 7-free nail polish that I will do her big toes with every once in a while.

I have that same palette and my little man has tried to play with it as well. I decided that I had to buy a makeup organizer tower to keep things out of his reach. My sink is high up but he still knows how to grab things that are close to the edge, but since I invested in that there has been a lot less items missing or being destroyed. You could also buy a little floor cabinet and put a child lock on it? I had to do that with my niece when she would come to my parents house years ago. Also if she’s interested in makeup buy clearance items ☺️ that way if she destroys them it’s not that big of a deal compared to your items that are expensive. I always see palettes at the drugstore for $2 $3 that are cruelty free and don’t have all of that yucky stuff that can cause reactions. Hope this helps!
Anonymous Insider

Oh no get them there own play makeup

How about getting her some play makeup of her own? I don’t know her age but Target has a lot of “makeup” for little girls. At least that way she won’t be destroying expensive palettes. I remember getting into my mom’s makeup and doing the same thing lol.

Re: Kiddie Fingers

Oof! I feel your pain @smileitsdani! Anything I leave within reach (this includes climbing reach 😂) my girl will get. I’ve lost a few lippies, an eyeliner, and a beauty blender by forgetting them on the counter or putting it in the washroom cabinet. I have an okay sized walk in closet that took over as my beauty space, I have my vanity, shoes, purses, etc. in here so they’re less accesible to her. 

If you don’t have a space like that, maybe getting a trunk, a tray,

or large makeup case for everything so that you can easily move it all to a safe location once you’re finished. Good luck 😄

RE: Re: Kiddie Fingers

My collection is too large 😹 I’m starting to think I’ll need a beauty room with a locked door!

Re: RE: Re: Kiddie Fingers

That’s a reasonable reason to move right?!?  I think a big gorgeous beauty room is the ultimate goal for beauty lovers @smileitsdani 😄

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
testing