cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|
Anonymous Insider

IUD/Birth Control talk

It’s about to get real. Sorry ladies. My son is almost a year old (next month yayyy!) and I had an IUD inserted about a month ago. I had one before and it went very bad very fast, but I thought maybe because I’ve had a baby now it might go better this time around. Any ladies out there who had the Mirena and had bad hormone fluctuations for the first month? If so, did it get better ? Debating getting it taken out. I’ve broken out so bad, been exhausted, bloated, cranky, and of course the bleeding hasn’t stopped. Sorry for the TMI! Just curious if other methods of BC worked better for other women. Thanks!

Re: IUD/Birth Control talk

No matter how carefully I choose my makeup products or opt for hypoallergenic options, I still end up with uncomfortable reactions such as redness, itching, and sometimes even swelling. This not only affects my enjoyment of makeup but also impacts my confidence and self-expression. I've tried various remedies and even eliminated specific ingredients from my routine.
https://feecheckers.com/

i tried Mirena and depo shot. Liked the second one much more, but you need to do it every 3 months

RE: IUD/Birth Control talk

I’ve had the Mirena for three years. The hormones do level out and I didn’t have periods for a long time. I don’t have many symptoms other than bad back pain days. I’d suggest getting some bulk preg tests while on it because random pregnancy symptoms are common and the risk of ectopic pregnancy is increased so it’s important to stay on top of it and test often (esp if periods stop or are irregular).

I had the mirena put in when my daughter was 2 mo and I spotted for about 50 days then never got my period until I had it removed 1.5 years later. But unfortunately my husband and I are not able to keep pregnancies now. Though no doctor will entertain the idea that’s it’s related to the mirena
Anonymous Insider

I had mirena IUD inserted 5 weeks after giving birth to my 2nd son. BAD idea!! I bled all the time and had bad pelvic pain all the time! I couldn't take it anymore so after 4 weeks it was removed. Once it was removed I still bled for about 2 more months!! Wasted so much money on pads too. Read online that women are trying to file lawsuits. Don't use mirena!

I had a non-hormone-releasing IUD for years (it had a somewhat vague 10 to 15 year expiration date.) I don't even think it had a brand name. It got it in the 90s. Things were different then. Anyway and most importantly, I never got pregnant. For the first few, maybe 5 or 6 years, I got a crippling, roughly 5-minute-long cramp a few days before my period, but other than that I had zero issues. It actually made my periods shorter and lighter. I experienced no adverse issues while I had it and none since it was removed. I don't know what the IUD options are these days, but if that variety is still on offer, I highly recommend it. Twenty stars. 

It definitely lightened my cycles but I randomly bleed. There’s no rhyme or reason. I️ admit I️ get tired of wearing a liner daily since I️ never know when it’s gonna come.

I had the Paraguard years ago. I remembered having light...

I had the Paragard years ago. I remembered having light bleeding for 7 months! It was awful. But after that, it stopped and it was the best birth control ever. I didn't get pregnant until we wanted. I know Mirena is a hormonal IUD as in the Paragard there aren't any hormones, which is why I chose it. So maybe is the type. I'm on my second IUD (Skyla). I believe you will have issues with any for a VERY long time before it gets better. Hope this helps.
Anonymous Insider

I had mine inserted after my first baby girl was born in August because all of the nurses "swore by it and had it". So I gave it a try and after not being on birth control for two years, hence trying to conceive lol, I have light bleeding every single day where I'm debating taking it out too and getting the depo-shot. It's been almost six months and it hasn't stopped. Being anemic also does not help with that. Please speak to your OBGYN for alternatives, I will too my next visit because this is ridiculous. It works perfect for some women, but others like us, I guess not so much. Good luck! 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing