From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

How you manage your applying makeup time?

Hello, I'm a mom of 5 kids and I do my best to manage my time with getting them ready for school & still doing my makeup but, I always go over my time and risk being late to drop them off at school. What are some of your quick methods that you use ladies??
Anonymous Insider

How you manage your applying makeup time?

I just bought Dior spray foundation and it's been a life and major time safer. Expensive as 🤬 but worth it to me. My skin went to hell after kids so putting SOMETHING over my stress pimples and getting my eyes done are priority 2 me. Hope that helps!

Re: How you manage your applying makeup time?

@Kia2018, is it important that you have your makeup on before leaving?  I apply lip and cheek products in the car.  Either when I reach a stoplight (and only if I’m stopped just as it turns red -otherwise not enough time) and if I don’t have enough red lights to finish, I do so before I step into the office.  Full disclaimer: I only apply sunscreen (at home), lipstick + balm and blush in the mornings.  

As Jeremy Renner once said said, "Brows, lashes, lips. Frame the face. It's simple. Five minutes."

Brows: Quick brow gel or brow pencil, then comb through / blend with spoolie for a natural look.

Lashes: Mascara (and pencil liner)

Lips: Tinted lip balm

sephora_jeremyrenner_frametheface_quickmakeup.png

Wow I had no idea he used to be a makeup artist💕

@faeriegirl I didn't know either until I saw that post recently!

This is great @RNGesusPls!

@ShortErica It's a very memorable quote that I always look back on when on a time crunch lol

5 kids? *hand clap* go super Mom! I'd suggest picking a few things that are important to you, and focusing on those things with a 5 or so minute time limit. There are a lot of YouTube videos on this: search 5-min makeup challenge for inspiration. For me, I like brows, mascara, blush, lips, complexion. Lemme break down how I approach this daily challenge and hopefully you find it helpful.

Complexion: I have some hyper pigmentation; I use a foundation with a medium-ish coverage that spreads and blends easy with my preferred tool (beauty blender), and covers just enough of my spots. I also put foundation just where I need it

Brows: I have fine hairs, not too sparse; I think brows can really frame a face, so I make sure they're groomed and maintained into a shape I like. Filling them in becomes a lot easier this way :). I like a tinted brow gel for colour and hold in one. Or one of those triangle-shaped brow pencils with a spoolie: thin sides to create hairlike strokes, fat side to fill in

Mascara: I've got fine-ish eyelashes, not too short, not too long. I use whatever's around, but I suggest always quickly wiping excess off on the top of the tube to reduce clumps

Blush: Something close to a natural flush. Nothing too pigmented otherwise it'll take forever to blend.

Lips: Unless I get up early, mornings aren't conducive to liquid lipsticks. I like a lip tint, tinted balm, or satiny finish lipstick in something of a natural lip colour that doesn't require liner. Bonus: sometimes the lipstick can double as blush.

Another tip I have is keeping the area you get ready free of clutter; only have the items you need for your 5 minutes. Practice this routine on weekends to figure out what you want to focus on, and use a timer! 5 minutes may not seem like much, but once you get it down, you'll be surprised. Best of luck to you! ❤️

RE: How you manage your applying makeup time?

Things I do... Set timers for myself for each task in the morning and try to beat the timer. Do makeup in the car, not driving but in the parking lot or such so the kids get to school. Rank my routine so I know if I don’t have time for _____ at least I have _____. For example, I don’t have time for makeup, I least I have moisturizer. I don’t have time for foundation, at least I have mascara and brow gel. I don’t have time for full complexion, at least I have tinted moisturizer. I don’t have time for color, at least I have full complexion. I don’t have time for lipstick, at least my eyes are done.

Thank you, so much for your feedback! :-)

Thank you, so much for your feedback! 🙂

I can't relate to your MegaMomma status, ha, but I am definitely someone who will be like, okay I have 8 minutes to put on a face, so let's go!

I find tools to be really important, like brushes that diffuse a lot of product easily without picking up too much.  Definitely a fan of Sephora's Featherweight brushes.  I really love their big fluffy powder brush (SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Featherweight Powder Brush #91) +powder foundation to even out my skin tone.  Then, I add brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer 3-in-1 Triangle Tip Easy Precision Eyebrow Pencil Medium Brown or Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4  Then I line my eyes and add a really nice gloss or lip stain from SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 01 Always Red or Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer FU$$Y  Use the same big fluffy powder brush to sweep a blush color and if I can fit it in, a setting spray.  Setting spray also helps make the powder look less powdery, and if you have a mini, you can use it for a quick refresh or touch-ups.

Thank you, so much for your feedback!! :-) You're my sHER...

Thank you, so much for your feedback!! 🙂 You're my sHERO (lol)

Re: Thank you, so much for your feedback!! :-) You're my sHER...

Awww!  You're welcome!

Hi @Kia2018,

WOW, a mother of 5! That is amazing! I recommend trying things that are quick to apply but make a huge difference when in a hurry! Tinted brow gel, highlighter, mascara, lipstick, and blush. When I don't have enough time to go full glam, these are usually my go-to products. Hope this helps 🙂 

Best,
Rebecca 

Thank you so much for your feedback!! :-)

Thank you so much for your feedback!! 🙂

RE: How you manage your applying makeup time?

Omg the struggle is REAL!! I have 3 kids - 9, 2.5, and 10 months. My two secrets are this: get up at 6:00 AM and get ready when everyone is still sleeping. Or, I take my oldest to school, and then let my girls take a bath in my master bathroom 2 feet away from me while I get ready. (They love the bath and would stay in there all day if they could). I also only work weekends so my routine is a little easier with not having to get to work every morning. Good luck and congratulations on your 5 miracles 💗💗💗

Thank you so much for your feedback!! :-) Keep adorning y...

Thank you so much for your feedback!! 🙂 Keep adorning your 3 little angel💗
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • sephora_jeremyrenner_frametheface_quickmakeup.png
testing