Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

How do I do makeup with a small baby?

Hi guys I am new to the community and had a question for you guys! I am a new mom, I have a lovable 4 month old that I can’t get enough of and is super attached to me so it’s super hard to get my make up done.( let alone anything else) I was just wondering how you guys manage to get your make up done. I’m usually baby wearing, but now my little one wants to explore everything so his hands are everywhere! Lol

RE: How do I do makeup with a small baby?

My baby is 2 1/12 years old now but when he was only a few months he was also very clingy but I always took advantage when he was asleep. This is the best time! Take full advantage when the baby sleeps but I understand sometimes that time is needed to do things around the house i.e; clean, cook, laundry, etc but where there’s a will there’s a way! Try doing your full face, take care of YOU and then everything else will follow. If he/she happens to wake up and you’re not done, push him around the house with the stroller, that always worked with mine! Hope I could help @BaianE 💗

I try to do my routine before my 6 month old wakes up and before I wake my 6 year old for school. Usually requires I wake up extra early myself but I’ve found that’s the only way I can do it 😅. If going out somewhere, my husband just has to take one for the team and watch them since he doesn’t have any getting ready routine lol. Other than that, I can’t really “play” with my makeup except during nap times. Sometimes I’ll put baby to sleep in a carrier and just hold her in it while I do my makeup. I’ve found the Baby K’tan is most flexible and allows me to have full movement while baby wearing!

Re: How do I do makeup with a small baby?

@BaianE My mom would sit my sister up in the hallway while she was doing her makeup so that my sister could see her at all times.  Perhaps when your baby gets a little older, this trick will work for you as well.  Just be careful not to sit your baby too close - my sister fell head-first into the tile once.  🙂

@BaianE The struggle is real, I’ve got a ten month old who is super mobile so doing my makeup has become extra fun! 🙂 I usually bring his portable play pen into the room and then give him his brush so he can mimic mommy, it’s our “getting ready routine”. I got a super fluffy powder brush with a short rounded handle by e.l.f. that I feel comfortable letting him have to play with, he giggles when he brushes his face with the soft bristles and he absolutely loves to chew on the handle. I’m not worried about him hitting the back of his throat, it’s short enough very rounded and pretty fat so he’s not usually just happy to use it to gnaw on the front teeth. He just watches and laughes, and I try to interact with him and talk to him while I do my thang!

Also, though I look lovingly towards old favorites I have altered what makeup I grab on the regular. Stick foundation has become a new staple, along with stick blush/highlighter combos, eye paints and quick application products, and beauty blender/fluffy blending brush for quick application. I’ve been into pH matching lip balms and lip products because they seem to require less attention to detail on application and provide a pretty “just for you” flush that compliments your skin tone. I really like the one from iT cosmetics, je n'ais se quoi. 

I also don’t have as much time for skincare routine so I try to put it on as I can. I’ve placed my routine items strategically around the house rather than all on my dresser like before. Toner lives in the bathroom so I can use it immediately after shower, I’ve got an extra moisturizer in the baby’s room so I can put it on there if time allows. It’s all been about creatively fitting it into the schedule and making it work. 

Best tip I have is incorporate your little one into your routine and make them a part of it. I’m trying to establish positive behavioral patterns that my babe can come to expect and hopefully enjoy.  One friend who wasn’t as joyous about motherhood used to just leave her little one crying in another room in a playpen. I also worried that behavior would have negative consequences, and she definitely is dealing with a ton of behavior issues and a very unhappy child. I want to have the exact opposite type of relationship!!!

Good luck, and report back on what ends up working for you!! You got this mama!! 😁

RE: Re: How do I do makeup with a small baby?

Thank you!!! These are super helpful tips and I will definitely incorporate those tips! Thank you so much!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

I have a five month old that's very clingy as well and I'm usually by myself at home with her, I put her on her playmat or her swing and put on Little Baby Bum, it's a collection of modernized lullabies that you can find on either Netflix or Youtube. She loves it and I'm able to get done whatever I need to while this is on. I hope this helps!

It’s been awhile, but my best chance to do anything was when I put my kids in their bouncy seat or swing. I had this great little portable bouncy seat that I could just carry with me from room to room. I could strap the baby in safely and still keep my eye on him. I would give him a toy and/ or a binky, and he was occupied for at least a little while.
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing