Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
Anonymous Insider

Help!! Need full makeup help

Mom of 2 little boys 4 and 2 and working full time! I’m tired of looking in the mirror and looking tired and blah! Need to get back to putting make up on. Please share your favorite products. Need a good moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, and finishing powder. Combo skin, late pores.. HELP!! What are your go to’s?? I want to feel good and look good!!!

Help!! Need full makeup help

I feel you! my make up routine has fallen by the wayside until I went back to work too. now I use a moisturizer with SPF when I wash, a BB cream or cc cream (depending on the blemish sitch) and a bit of mascara and eyeliner. I find that only lining the upper kind of draws away from the dark circles, and some plump black lashes make you look more awake! haha I have naturally rosey cheeks (must be the mom rage!) and haven't found a lip colour that can handle the amount of coffee I drink in a day 🤪

Re: Help!! Need full makeup help

I prefer a pretty simple makeup routine that leaves a radiant finish. I use stick makeup because its hydrating and natural looking as well as incredibly fast and simple to use. To start i typically prime with my sunscreen (Perricone MD ester c) it has a slight shimmer and a kind of satin finish that blurs my skin a bit. I follow that with Bare Minerals complexion rescue hydrating foundation stick which gives light ,medium or full coverage depending on how much you apply and with what you apply it with I personally prefer a smoothing foundation brush with a paw rather than a sponge or kabuki but this is perosnal preferance. If i have some blemishes I go in with nars radiant creamy concealer on those spots. I then use milk makeup blush and lip stick in the color quickie for a flush of color on my cheeks and lips. I finish that with milk makeup highlighter in lit, to add a glow to my cheeks and eyelids. If you want a more natural radiant look i highly reccomend these products as well as other bb or cc creams paired with a blush and lip tint. If youre looking for a more heavier look i can tell you that the best way to find products that will work for you are to determine skin type (oily or dry or combo), the finish you want (radiant, natural or matte), the type of product you want (liquid, cream, stick, or powder) and how much time you want to spend (if not a lot then use the basics, foundation, blush, and lipstick) and once youve filtered these options look for the highest amount of reviews with the highest rating typically that will be in bestselling. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing