Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Full coverage foundation recs please!

So I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem but ever since having my son (18 months ago) I can’t get makeup to stick to my face! We are still breastfeeding and in the beginning I thought maybe my skin was just dry due to the breastfeeding but I’ve tried a million different moisturizers, primers, and skin regimens and while my skin is no longer dry nothing has helped with my makeup issues. Has anyone else struggled with this? What did you do to help? 

I used to love my MUFE HD foundation but it just goes on splotchy and uneven now. I’m looking for something truly full-coverage to cover some pretty dramatic discoloration (thanks, pregnancy!) and something that will stay on throughout the day with an active toddler in humid NYC. What is currently working best for me in terms of coverage, going on smoothly, and staying power is estee lauder’s double wear maximum cover. The thing is none of the colors are great for me and I don’t love the look of it. It’s very matte and feels a little like a mask. 

Open to to any and all suggestions! Please help! 

RE: Full coverage foundation recs please!

I used to be a loyal to Estée Lauder’s double wear but recently fell in love with Fenty Beauty. It is absolutely awesome and leaves my skin feeling like actual skin and looks naturally flawless while having full coverage. I changed foundations due to my double wear not sticking to my face like it should. So far I have had the best luck out of Fenty sticking great. I recommend it greatly !

I have tried so many foundations and I gotta say that I have a few I like and that last. Texture wise my least favorite is Cover FX but it stays all day! The next one is the Fenty Beauty, it’s great and there’s lots of shades but it transfers some. The next one is Becca, the shade is a little off but it’s a good summer foundation, and my all time favorite one is Lancôme Teint Idole 24hr foundation, that’s my go to holy grail foundation. Hope that helps!!

I love Fenty Beauty's foundation! It lasts all freaking day even in the NY heat and humidity (Upstate NY lol) , it's also very lightweight. Also you can build your coverage ( I have acne , uneven skin texture and large pores and this covers it all!) Use a good primer (I use ELFporeless primer) and blend from the inside out Hope this helps love!!
Anonymous Insider

Re: Full coverage foundation recs please!

You could try Maybelline Dream Wonder powder foundation @ritzmitz It works well for me. Hope this helps

Re: Full coverage foundation recs please!

Is your foundation crumbling off from dry patches, wearing away with sweat, or becoming greasy from oil build up? All have different solutions and I definitely struggle with the first one. For dryness, exfoliation and hydration are key (I'm sure you know). Physical exfoliation wasn't enough for me so I started trying chemical exfoliation and holy crap has that helped a lot. Still not perfect but definitely helping. With wearing away with sweat, find a long wear foundation that isn't going to budge and touching up with powder can help the lasting power of your foundation. With oil, finding a really solid mattifying primer (I'm not much help here, I go for dewy) will help block oils, sticking with a more matte foundation, and blotting powder can help extend the wear of foundation. I would also recommend a really solid setting spray. Mac Fix +, All Nighter, and Morphe setting sprays all come highly recommended and those help to melt the makeup into your skin so it feels less like a mask. You can also apply setting spray after you lay down your setting powder, let it dry and then apply bronzer, blush, highlight, etc and then spray again once the look is complete. 

RE: Re: Full coverage foundation recs please!

Thanks! I can’t really figure out what the cause is. It’s an application problem. I simply can’t get most foundations to apply evenly. It’s not crumbly per se but just splotchy. My skin doesn’t seem particularly dry and like you said I’ve tried exfoliation and hydration with limited success. Some foundation products simply work and others don’t even if the texture or formulation is similar. For example I can now wear Nars All Day Luminous foundation but not MUFE HD. Can I ask what products you are using for exfoliation? I’m willing to try anything!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing