Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

Expecting!

Hey fellow moms! I just found out that I am expecting a second child come February. Can you ladies tell me which skin care products are NOT safe to use during pregnancy? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

RE: Expecting!

Hi I’m due in March! I’m looking for natural skincare too and the new “clean at Sephora” markers on products are really helpful. I’ve been using Tarte, Fresh, and Lush for my pregnancy friendly skincare product needs. I use Lush lotion on my toddler as well. Make sure you look at ingredients for hair products too as Drybar puts saw palmetto in their southern belle root lifter which is SUPER dangerous for pregnancy as it is a natural testosterone replacement. Ingredient check and google is a fast way to tell if a product is safe for pregnancy. Good luck!

Expecting!

Congrats! Stay away from Parabens. They can be found in lipsticks and foundation (and others) it's in there to prevent bacterial growth. But it can be harmful to the baby. I too am on the quest for fetus friendly make up! Good luck

Re: Expecting!

@sammarie703, most doctors will tell you to stay away from prescription retinols.  Some may say to stay away from all topical retinols and other may say they're ok.  The main impetus to this is that Accutane, an strong acne medication in pill form, is very high doses of Vitamin A, and can cause severe birth defects.  Retinols are a lesser form of vitamin A and are absorbed into the skin but in much smaller doses.  A lot of people stay away from all retinols just to be extra cautious.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing