Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Moms Who Makeup

Hey moms! Do you make time to do your makeup everyday or just for special occasions? What about skin care routines? 

Re: Moms Who Makeup

I gave up on using makeup (other than a little cream blusher when I look super pale) for years because my eyes have always been sensitive and, as I got older, I just felt that it looks weird on my face. Now I'm realizing that makeup has actually changed a lot since my early twenties, so I've started experimenting with some minimal makeup for special occasions. Skin care is a lot more important to me now, and I like my basic ritual of cleansing, essence, moisturizer, and sun protection. I'm trying to figure out if I think eye treatments are worth the hype, but I won't really know until I try a few different types. Aloe face masks are absolutely the best and most relaxing thing that I do for my skin and I wish that I had time to use one every morning (I love sleep more). My daughter is seven and finds Mummy's interest in fancy little pots of cream absolutely fascinating. 

RE: Moms Who Makeup

I only do my make up when I leave the house. If I’m going to stay home all day I don’t do my makeup to give my skin a break.

Moms Who Makeup

I mostly just wear mascara and lipgloss if I'm leaving the house, but I've been focusing on skincare and that helps me not have to worry about putting on a full face. FAB Beauty face cleanser + Clarisonic, then a toner, sunscreen and Clinique moisture surge. night routine is similar, replace the sunscreen with retinol eye cream. I've had people comment that I look really glowy and smooth lately!

I do, before I go to work I do my makeup. I usually do it every time. On some sundays I won’t do it. Then I wash my face with noxima . If I’m super tired I just wipe my makeup off then use noxima pads

Special occasions and photos, otherwise it’s just moisturizer/spf night and day for me;)

Hey fellow mommy! I do makeup almost every day! It makes me feel more put together and less like I look like I haven’t slept! It’s usually a more basic routine. On days I’m not working (which as a nurse with two jobs isn’t very many days) I usually just throw on prismatic sunscreen and some brows. Skin care is a must for me. I put the kids to bed and take my nightly bath. We need to carve time to take care of ourselves! I’ve been really enjoying the Ole Hendrickson cold pores mask lately!

Moms Who Makeup

i have tons of makeup that i have collected to have fun with once i left the military and I'm trying to make a point of using it. But i like to sleep as long as possible and now have a 6 month old to get ready in the morning too. Add three dogs and two cats to the mix...our house is busy and mornings are busy. i usually end up doing my makeup when i do my morning pump at work.

Moms Who Makeup

Hey fellow mom.. Sephora has some great masks that are inexpensive. You may want to subscribe to the play box to try new iteams. I'm a busy mom and somedays I cant do a full face so I do foundation, eyeliner and mascara with my favorite gloss. It makes me feel great and I look ready for my day. Mascara is great alone for that extra pop on your face.

Re: Moms Who Makeup

That’s great advice @VRoss1973 😄 I love using a few staple products to help feel and look a little better 😊 

I have longed to subscribe to Play! but unfortunately it isn’t available to Canadian residents yet 😢 I’ve been told that it is in the works so I’ll definitely subscribe to that once they release it 😄

I wear a B.B. or CC cream everyday at a minimum. My favorite CC cream is from IT cosmetics and it is life! I have two kids, full time job and I’m constantly on the go so it’s a must for me to look and feel good. Make up helps me do that, even if it’s just a little bit.

Re: RE: Moms Who Makeup

@Murielle1210 also a huge fan of the It! Cosmetics CC cream! 😄 I love that it isn’t fussy to apply and has spf 50 🙌🏻 

Two kids and a f/t job is A LOT! Way to go!! 💪🏻💪🏻☺️

Re: Daily Makeup?

I made a 2018 resolution to wear at least mascara when I go out., ie: parent/teach conference., awards ceremony, maybe grocery shopping if I feel like it. As a stay at home mom, I don't get out much. It makes me feel 1. More put together & 2. I actually use my stash. Date night I'll do my eyeshadow if I have time. But I rarely use foundation...i always have moisturizer on. 😁

This is a great idea @sonnydee! I’m going to implement it ☺️ 

RE: Daily Makeup?

As a mom of twin 4 year old boys a seven year old and a full time operations manager of an airline I don't have time for makeup at all - that's why I love and swear by the Nars tinted moisturizer it has SPF and provides sheer to medium coverage to the face it's a godsend for busy moms who want a little something extra daily without all the extra work and time 😊😊

Re: RE: Daily Makeup?

@Oshanaypi have your hands so full!! But, full hands, full heart, right? 😄 

The NARS tinged moisturizer sounds nice! I don’t know what I would do without this choice of BB/CC creams, they seem to be a staple for many of us busy parents💕

Anonymous Insider

Daily Makeup?

I wear make up every day I go to work. but when I'm home I dont usually wear it unless there is a occasion to. there are even times I just move my make up bag to the side and say nope! as a mom of six kiddos ranging from 9 years old down to 2 years old I have to pick my battles. on a raging child day is say nope, on a normal day I wear my every day, and on those days where evey th ingredients falls into place I go full glam girl lol

6 children AND a working Mom!? Props! @Anonymous

Wanting to wear makeup again was the impetus for joining this community. So many mornings, I would go into work with air dried hair and nothing on my face but moisturizer. I only put makeup on if I was going out at night, which was rare. But my kids are older now, and I started realizing that going out with makeup was actually important to me as well. It boosts your self-esteem and makes you feel pretty. I’ve developed a bit of a Sephora addiction ☺️, but I feel so much better about myself now that I’m taking the time to do this for me.

Re: RE: Daily Makeup?

It’s so important to take time to do what feels good, lol, even if it causes a bit of a Sephora dependence @Llamamama2!💖😄 

Since I’m currently a stay at home mom with 4 kids I don’t get to do my makeup as often as I used to even if I wasn’t going anywhere. I might throw a very light face when visiting family or going out but nothing dramatic. I have tonssss of makeup & majority of it just sits unless I have a client
91 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • 4E0001C0-91B7-47CA-B330-A21938958EBA.gif
  • 61DD8122-AD64-4205-9CF5-A3B54DEA5383.gif
  • D949EA39-A3C7-4A36-9E68-3F64568AD711.gif
testing