Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
Anonymous Insider

Acne on Chin and Jaw Line

Hello, Mama's! Which products are safe during pregnancy? or Any products that worked for you? Since finding out about my pregnancy my acne has been out of control. XO 💘

Acne on Chin and Jaw Line

After my pregnancy my acne went insane (good Lord why did I just completely space how to spell "insane?" God, help me and my kids. LOL). Nothing was helping. I eventually gave in & tried Clearproof by Mary Kay and surprisingly it worked. I had had horrible oily skin, breakouts that wouldn't stop and dull skin. I noticed a difference in my acne the next day (no kidding). And I noticed a difference in how my skin felt immediately. If you know someone who sells Mary Kay I wld highly recommend it. Get a face cleaning brush to go with it as well, but only use it once a day. And whatever you do, if you do go this route, don't let the Mary Kay agent sell you a bunch of stuff you do not need. It is exactly what they're good at. TIP: Most of the time you can find the stuff on Amazon. Ssshhh! good luck!

Re: Acne on Chin and Jaw Line

I used Neutrogena naturals purifying face cleanser from the drugstore through both my pregnancies (both my kids are healthy).  My doc never had issues with that.  I maintained all my same makeup products/routine.

I found that fresh corset cream helped a little with facial puffiness towards the end, and fresh rose face mask was a nice evening indulgence.  Hopefully you're less prone to water retention than me 😎

Congratulations and good luck!

Re: Acne on Chin and Jaw Line

You should avoid prescription Retinol products (e.g, Retin A, Tazorac, especially Accutane).  Non-prescription retinols are probably okay.  But if you'd like to play it safe and avoid them, a vitamin C serum can help.  When I get acne I apply OleHenricksen Truth Serum as a spot treatment.  It dries out the acne and helps fade any scars.  https://www.sephora.com/product/truth-serum-P42343?skuId=1910470&icid2=products%20grid:p42343

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing