cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|
Anonymous Insider

support

so do u guys have women who support your decision? was she already part of your life b4 hand or did u meet after u started and she accepted u? i dont have anyone and its really hard to find a girlfriend who accepts me like i am. would love to meet a girl and do girl things with

RE: support

Just wanted to say that not all of us here are looking to present as a woman. (I am assuming that from your username, if that is not the case apologies) I’m just a dude that happens to love makeup. For me “passing” is nobody noticing unless I want them to. I love this stuff, the process, the result, everything. I like looking my best, and covering roseca, blemishes and a few facial scars from sports is what I most often do daily. And I am getting really good at it. Some days when I use a makeup wipe at the end of the day I am surprised at how much I had on. When done right in my book it’s invisible. I have been known to do some waterline eyeliner or some super subtle eyeshadow to deepen my eyes. I cannot do mascara as my lashes are obscenely long, a fact that bugs my GF lol. This is a great place to learn and see great work, also to get ideas to make our own. Makeup can 100% be used to be more masculine, or feminine, or both. Blurring those lines is fun sometimes and others it can be scary. That’s where I feel like I can empathize with you. I feel like men should experience wearing a bit of makeup just to feel a small taste of what women experience. Have a guy call you names, or look at you weird and I can only guess that is as close to feeling Misogyny as a man can actually get. It opens your eyes a bit to toxic masculinity. I hope I didn’t hijack your space here, I just wanted to add some value and maybe include perspective and how I look to “pass”. Yeah it was a bit of a struggle for my wife. We both grew up in the 80’s so it wasn’t a huge stretch. But just the same, we are all programmed by society that men just “don’t, shouldn’t, can’t) wear makeup. But that is shifting a bit. I support what you are going through. Gender is NOT binary, it’s fluid and varies by person. Femininity is not something men should run from, we need to embrace and integrate those parts.
Anonymous Insider

Re: support

My spouse is part of a cross dresser support group and they had employees of Sephora at their last meeting who taught classes on contouring and Smokey eye. They had both men and women teaching the classes and they all looked flawless and were very informative/helpful with tips and tricks. I absolutely loved it. It was a big hit with all who attended. I’m encouraging my husband to go to our local Sephora to have a makeover and to be color matched so his make up looks more natural and less theater looking. 

Anonymous Insider

i did go to a sephora close to me and it was an amazing e...

i did go to a sephora close to me and it was an amazing experience just been hard trying to be honest with women that I try to date as soon as u mention transgender they're gone as quick as they said hello so good for you that u support him he is a lucky man

I am lucky enough to be involved in a relationship with a special Lady who not only supports , but loves for me to wear makeup etc.. It was actually because of Her that I had the nerve to go into a local Sephora for a full makeover and I've been shopping there ever since, as well as taking some of the beauty classes and mini makeovers.

Anonymous Insider

that's awesome I can't wait till I find a woman like that

that's awesome I can't wait till I find a woman like that

Hi @Anonymous, 

Finding new friends can be hard sometimes, but what I have found is that when you start to do the things that interest you and bring you happiness then the right people will begin to support and surround you. I have also seen a great community of clients here that support and uplift each other. I hope that this helps and that you find the supportive community that you want and deserve! 🙂

Best,

Zakiya

Anonymous Insider

Thank you i hope i find it soon a yr of no support stinks i just think it would be easier to walk up and ask for a color iq with a friend since i dont dress as female all the time 

@ZakiyaBT wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, 

Finding new friends can be hard sometimes, but what I have found is that when you start to do the things that interest you and bring you happiness then the right people will begin to support and surround you. I have also seen a great community of clients here that support and uplift each other. I hope that this helps and that you find the supportive community that you want and deserve! 🙂

Best,

Zakiya

The cast members at all the Sephoras I've been to have always been very helpful with Color IQ, and it didn't matter to them what gender the customer was. Some of the male castmembers I've seen lately have been wearing a full face of makeup, so they wouldn't be judgemental at all about helping a customer, no matter what they were dressing at the time.

Is there a LGBT group in a city near you? If you contacted them I'm sure someone would be delighted to have you as a friend. There also have been people here on BIC who've met up and became fast friends. Just keep on here, maybe you will meet someone. I wish you well in your journey.

@Anonymous Yes my Mom and my best friend and friend who I have known since elementary school. I can always rely on them. 

You will find a ton of great people on here as well. I have met so many people who are nothing but sweet and nice and encouraging. 

Anonymous Insider

Oh nice congrats on the support I've only told 2 friends and they kinda back off hardly talk anymore 

@Anonymous I don’t know what you are going through but BIC is full of incredible people. If there is a Sephora event near you, maybe consider that as it could be an opportunity to meet people. I wish you the best. ❤️

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing