Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

husbands patchy goatee and mustache

hey everyone! my husband sells cars and has to look 100% all the time. Lately he's been feeling self conscious about some bald patches in his goatee and mustache and asked me for help. I honestly have no idea what to recommend,as I'm fairly new to makeup. Any suggestions? He is considering dying it because its growing in 3 different colors now,and even tattooing, but if we can find a less invasive alternative for it we'd be thrilled. thanks in advance!

RE: husbands patchy goatee and mustache

I know this is probably a late reply but if he still hasn’t found anything that works I agree with the dying of the beard. I have multi color facial hair so I usually just dye it whatever color I’m coloring my hair (which usually ends up being jet blue black). The trick to that is to only leave it on ur beard for about 5-6 minutes and jump in the shower and shampoo it off. If u leave it on any longer it might stain the skin for about a day. I would also recommend the Brow Zings by Benefit. It’s an awesome little kit and they have about 6 shades. I have been using hay in my beard for a few years now.

How pronounced are the bald spots? Are they caused by sca...

How pronounced are the bald spots? Are they caused by scarring? Are they recent? Are they even bald spots and not patches of thinner hair growth? If they are the latter, I would suggest dyeing to thicken the hairs and darken the spots. That should last about a week or two. For very small bald spots, I would suggest a very waxy pencil in a good color and am eyebrow brush to help blend in the color from the pencil. If it is recent hair loss, topical Rogaine can possibly help regrow the hairs. He could also try using castor oil to help moisturize the hair and also help stimulate growth, but not too much as it's very thick oil and a pain to wash out. Please let us know what he tries and if there is any success to it.

Re: How pronounced are the bald spots? Are they caused by sca...

thank you for the suggestions! 1 spot is a scar that goes right through his mustache vertically, its not to wide and may be able to be covered by an eyebrow pencil. his coloration is fairly new due to ageing. he used to have all black facial hair but now there are red and blonde hairs randomly and he really dislikes it. no pattern baldness as of yet, his hair has always grown in patchy on his face and made his facial hair grooming options rather limited. he cant grow full beard because his cheeks are full of patches so he sticks to a goatee and mustache. I think I'm going to bring him to Sephora on my payday and have him swatched and try out some products. He's never worn any type of makeup or had any dye, maybe hell enjoy a little pampering 🙂   I'll definitely update after 🙂

Re: How pronounced are the bald spots? Are they caused by sca...

Thank you! Now I just need to get him to go in-store with me so we can swatch him hahaha 🙂 

@DesireDarling In Canada this is only available to Esthet...

@DesireDarling In Canada this is only available to Estheticians, but i'm sure google will tell you otherwise, Reflectocil is a brand of eyebrow/lash tint that also makes beard tint for men. It typically lasts a month.

Re: @DesireDarling In Canada this is only available to Esthet...

brilliant! thank you 🙂

RE: husbands patchy goatee and mustache

an eyeshadow that matches his beard color may fix the issue. urban decay makes singles for $18, but nyx, which is a lot cheaper, sell single eyeshadows at nyx stores, ulta, and target.
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing