cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|
Anonymous Insider

can sephora do better

so I'm kinda worried about putting this out there. I'm not sure if anyone i know comes on here. so with that being said this is a makeover by a couple mary kay reps and not sure if it could've been better. i wanted to look totally different. if u do know me or figure it out please keep it here or come to me don't take it public

Re: can sephora do better

@Anonymous, You look great! Give Sephora a shot, as I have seen them do really nice work on other people.

If you want to look great you'll want to smell great as well. In case you don't already use fragrances, may I suggest the following: 

Poison by Dior.

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent.

Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent.

Angel by Thierry Mugler.

Alien by Thierry Mugler.

Shalimar EdP by Guerlain.

All are available to test and purchase at Sephora.

Best wishes!

Anonymous Insider

thanks ill definitely look into those

thanks ill definitely look into those

@Anonymous I think you lovely! Very pretty and very natural 🙂 You've gotten some great advice already, so I'll just throw in my 2 cents!

Free sephora classes - such a good idea! Applying makeup was always one of those things that never clicked for me till I watched someone in person applying it directly on me or someone else. Youtube is great, but there's something about the in-person experience, plus being able to immediately try yourself that's just so effective for me. Even how to hold the brush, how hard to dip it into the pan, these little things, made a difference in how comfortable I felt trying it myself.

Brows/Lashes - I envy your naturally thick brows, perfect for the current aesthetic 🙂 If you're looking for more definition/pop, I'd try a combo of brow pencil and brow gel to darken and define them a bit if you don't want to tweeze/professionally shape. You would be surprised how tweaking the boldness of your brows can change the whole look of your face, experiment with a slightly heavier hand to figure out the shape you like. I've actually just straight out drawn an outline and then filled in like a coloring book when trying out a new shape. It looks ridiculous at first, but it's a great way to visualize the shape and the effect. Of course, when going out in public, you can tone it down by re-creating the shape with short strokes or brushing out the edges with a spoolie/brush. Practice makes perfect, remember, there's no right or wrong way to wear make up, it's all up to how YOU like to look and feel 🙂

You've also got beautiful lashes, pop on some mascara and BOOM, instant eyes 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

thank you for the advice i definitely want to check sepho...

thank you for the advice i definitely want to check sephora makeover out after talking to everyone on here

@Anonymous, I agree with @sockmagnet, you can experiment with all kinds of different looks and sometimes it takes awhile to figure out what works best for you. But it's always fun learning along the way! I also totally agree with eyebrow shaping, it can make a huge difference as they frame the eyes and I never go out without my eyebrows on 🙂 Another thing that's fun to try to change up your look is different colour contacts. They can make a very dramatic difference.

I also saw your thread asking about gfs - you can definitely make it happen! I would try looking for queer-friendly organizations and events and maybe even volunteering if you have the time. Don't give up ❤️

Anonymous Insider

so as to your reference to queer friendly organizations i...

so as to your reference to queer friendly organizations is that the way u would Google that and i live around Toledo ohio if you're familiar with the area is there something you can suggest feel free to message me
Anonymous Insider

i added pics of brow and droopy lid lol

i added pics of brow and droopy lid lol
Anonymous Insider

thank you and i forgot to mention they did do color in my...

thank you and i forgot to mention they did do color in my brows but i am curious about getting them shaped is there an in between brow meaning if i get them shaped will it be noticeable towards the female version

Re: thank you and i forgot to mention they did do color in my...

@Anonymous, @MissPuff is exactly right, you can achieve a more defined look if you like by removing stray hairs and then going back in with product to clearly define the edges of the brow. A very clean defined brow is the trendy look but of course if you want something more natural, just go natural 🙂 But I find even a little more definition gives a ladylike polish.

You have light coloured hairs so it can be easy for you to "edit" your brow shape 🙂 I have sparse brows myself, so some days I like to emphasize my arch while other days, I fill them in more straight, depending on the look I'm trying to achieve. Generally, straight/full is associated with youth and thin/arched is associated with a more mature look.

Also, pls check your msgs for resources - we cannot post links on the board 🙂

Re: thank you and i forgot to mention they did do color in my...

@Anonymous Shaping your brows is up to you! If you're just looking for some clean up but maintaining the overall current shape, the aestheticism will probably just remove some hairs just above and below the edges and define out the tail a bit. I think you've got a lovely straighter shape right now (actually very youthful very currently popular in asian beauty trends), but you can certainly ask for a bit more arch, which some may say is more feminine. What are you thinking?

@Anonymous  As others have said, you look great.  😁 I think those are nice colors for you. If you don’t feel up to another makeover just yet, there are a lot of beauty tutorials on YouTube. Find some colors you want to try and have fun. 

Anonymous Insider

yeah I think YouTube is my problem lol I've seen videos t...

yeah I think YouTube is my problem lol I've seen videos that floored me by how different they look i mean as of right now if i go with the look in the pic i would be recognized within secs

Re: yeah I think YouTube is my problem lol I've seen videos t...

@Anonymous My apologies I see where you said that now. I’m sure it’s overwhelming. Try to have fun and don’t feel discouraged if something you try doesn’t work for you.  

@Anonymous You look beautiful and super feminine. I’m glad you posted here! I would try having your makeup done at a few different stores/counters. You may even want to go in for a private session so you can ask questions and have some privacy. For example, an Elizabeth Arden salon has 30 and 60 minute makeup sessions for $60 and $120. It’s pricey but maybe worth the investment for you if you’re not comfortable in a group session yet.

Anonymous Insider

thank you and as of right now I'm just trying to work up...

thank you and as of right now I'm just trying to work up to getting my color id done lol i mean I would love a full face makeover that would be awesome but chicken right now lol it took me a while to do the makeover with 2 mary kay reps at a private residence and its kinda scary doing it alone you know but with the support on here it's kinda pushing me there im really overwhelmed with joy right now

@Anonymous I have had great experiences with Sephora makovers. They really listen and have always done the looks I have requested and have given great suggestions. 

Anonymous Insider

I've heard nothing but good things about them so i know o...

I've heard nothing but good things about them so i know once I work up the nerve, unless they come out and meet me at the car and lead me there by hand, ill definitely let them have fun on my face lol

The Sephora cast do a remarkable job doing a full makeover and helping You choose colors etc. so I hope you will give them a try. Give the classes a try as well as they are very helpful. I was scared to do those as well but once I did, I found it was not as scary as imagined. The full classes are usually (at least the store  here) held an hour or so before the store opens with a limited number of students and everyone there has been very welcoming and supportive. 

Anonymous Insider

thank you the fight within has been real lol

thank you the fight within has been real lol

To echo, it's hard to say who will do better, some may have more training but not a guarantee that they'll be the best for *you*. Another option is find a local MUA. Bridal shops/photographers should have a recommendation, then can research that person to see what they specialize in and get a recommendation from them for your needs, like private instruction. Anyways the reps did good 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 150 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos2
testing