Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

What makeup product do you own too much of?

Currently for me it’s lipsticks. I have about 100 currently and counting.

Re: What makeup product do you own too much of?

Foundations! I own dozens of foundations, but I only really use two:

Summer shade full coverage: HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 100 Light... 

Winter shade full coverage: HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 040 Fair ... 

Summer shade sheer: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer 20W 

Winter shade sheer: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer 16C 

like I have spent hundreds of dollars on foundation, and I’ve only used two 😭

@Sam013 They’re pricey but both amazing choices! I tried the HL foundation as part of a makeover and fell in love with it instantly. 

Now that I’ve had time to think about it a little longer and reading other posts…. I didn’t know that I could include nail polish. I have so many that my wife dips into my stash and then asks me to paint her nails. She likes to see who’s lasts the longest. She chooses how she wants hers done and I do mine a certain way and I almost always win. 

Well, believe it or not, it’s eyeliners. I can’t seem to find one that I can use to tight line along my upper lash line to make my eyes pop but still look like a guy without the glam and that doesn’t migrate all over the place. I like a little on the lower near the outer of my eyes as well. Just a slight dusting. 
Besides the migrating problem, either my eyes slightly water or my nose starts to run or both. I have a few eyeliners that cause that problem. 
I thought about maybe using an eyelid primer on my upper lash line and then use a black shadow along the upper lash line on top of the primer but I haven’t got around to it yet. 
Is there anyone out there that can give me a suggestion that would allow me to wear eyeliner right in the upper lash line without it migrating?

@AndyGlam462 What eyeliners have you tried so far? Is it any eyeliner that causes your eyes to water or just specific ones? 

You are on the right track with using an eyeshadow as an eyeliner. You could try stamping it on with a skinny angled brush to achieve an eyeliner effect. Another technique you can try is to use it on top of your eyeliner as a setting powder. 

Well, in the past I’ve had read up on what eyeliners have staying power and tend not to migrate.  I can tell you that the  2 shades of L’Oreal Le Liner Signature made my eyes feel weird and my nose ran. I have a Milani Supreme Kohl, 2 shades of L.A. Colors Auto eyeliner, Maybelline Master Precise All Day liquid, Wet n Wild Megalast, Wet n Wild Kohl. 
I have Annabelle in white and flesh that don’t seem to bother my other than giving me a tired scratchy eye feeling and a Rimmel Scandaleyes in Champagne that seems to be fine I think. I’ve worn it the most when my waterline (bottom lid) was kinda red and tired looking. The Rimmel Scandaleyes is a creamy waterproof Kohl. It stays for a while but then ends up right along my lower lash line which isn’t that bad as it’s the lighter champagne rather than a brown or black. Although, I’m tempted to try a dark shade just to see if it will stick. 
I should add that when I was younger I had sandy blonde hair and now I’m pretty much grey although my pony tail kinda still has blonde in it.Which is weird. 
so now I’m kind of wondering if I should be staying away from blacks and browns and moving towards the greys and taupes as an eyeliner? I don’t know. Maybe this should be in a separate post but I really really want to wear makeup. Always have. I just don’t want to look like a raccoon or worse. 

@AndyGlam462 It sounds like creamy eyeliners are the way to go for you when it comes to your sensitivity to certain products. If your symptoms aren’t too bad, you can always try using an OTC allergy medication to tame them. 

As for your eyeliner migrating and avoiding looking like a raccoon, try searching for tightlining tutorials on YouTube. The one I learned a lot from was from Smitha Deepak. Try applying your eyeliner along your lash line, like literally between the hairs. It takes some practice but makeup applied there is less like to transfer. 

Also, you can try a brown eyeliner instead of black. It’s much softer and more forgiving, which might also help the raccoon eyes issue. 

And a tip for navigating BIC: we use @ to tag people when replying. Sephora doesn’t always notify people when you reply, so we use that as a workaround. Otherwise messages sometimes get missed. 🙂

Probably blush and highlighters but i have a pretty decent lipstick collection as well. 

Definitely lipstick

Lipsticks, eyeliners and lip liners.

Definitely concealers. Coverage is so important. Whether is light to medium or medium to full. I love a buildable concealer as well. 

For me, it's tons of lipsticks, and a bunch of lip and eyeliners.

I am glad to hear I not the only guy that loves lipsticks 

Anonymous Insider

Lipstick and nail polish.  I enjoy nail polish on the weekends, and am always seeing something else I want to try.  My roommate owns her own nail business, so I get lots of help from her. 

Foundation and eyeshadow palettes....oh and blush lol I think I have close to 50 blushes

I have a million eyeshadow palettes, but only find myself reaching for one everyday. Same with shoes... <333

Foundation 🙂 

Waaay too many foundations, maybe about two dozen... and I only have one face!

RE: What makeup product do you own too much of?

Lipstick and foundation. Skin I always changing and with brand launches happening so often I’m always on the look out.(: Top 3 foundations 1.Sephora Collection Matte 2.Smashbox studio skin Matte 🙌🏼 3. Huda and Fenty

Lipsticks.

44 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing