Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Under Eye Concealer

My 13 yr old son has recently expressed a desire to use some concealer because he is self conscious about his dark circles. Can anyone recommend a product that will work to conceal yet look natural so as to not shout out to the world (mainly his buddies) “Hey I’m wearing makeup!”

RE: Under Eye Concealer

I’m so happy you’re OK with this. Born This Way concealer is hydrating and only a dot is enough. Coverage is really light and it is compatible to Tarte shape tape (I think). I also like the benefit cakeless boing concealer. Great coverage, minimal appearance and no drying or creasing so it won’t look like there is makeup there.

Re: Under Eye Concealer

Super late in replying, I know...sorry for that.

If you are still searching for a friendly concealer for someone young who is hoping that Concealer won't be noticed under the eyes a lot of my Male Clients have enjoyed the new Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat concealer (not the original brightening pen). It is a little bit more on the $$ side, but it lasts a long time, is super lightweight and easy to work with.

If you are looking for a good dupe product, I do like the Sephora Gel Concealer. It is the most similar. My hesitation with this one is you have to make sure you are truly finding the right color and if he isn't wearing an eye cream as part of his skin routine it can sometimes make the under eye look a little dry depending on the individuals skin type. (The eye cream from Sephora is amazing!)

YVES SAINT LAURENT - Touche Eclat High Cover Radiant Concealer

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer - 04 Butter Cream

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff

Anonymous Insider

Under Eye Concealer

honestly I would recommend an under eye cream this provides a little bit of shear coverage or brightening. since it's mostly a skincare product at the end of the day it will be a lot more subtle while still solving the problem

maybe a cream that is meant for that - becca makes one that's popular.  I just got one from PTR.  or a cc cream? NYX has some.  the IT concealer may work.  it's going to be 50% off at ulta soon (and probably here too lol).

IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer 25.0 Medium Natural 
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Brightening Eye Cream for Dark Circles 0.5 oz
BECCA - Under Eye Brightening Corrector

RE: Re: Under Eye Concealer

These might be too much for a 13 yo kid. I would advise pn testing it out on him in store first to see if he needs that much coverage. Usually when you use something that full coverage you need to use something else on the entire face to help it blend in with the surrounding area easily. I highly reccomend bringing in your son to get a Color IQ Match to find the perfect shade of concealer for him. Its a free service and they can also apply some product on him to see how he likes it.

RE: Under Eye Concealer

Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer would work great as well. Ultra light weight and great for beginners.

@kleoji 

I know Tom Ford makes a concealer for men but I also suspect it to be quite expensive. 

How about a NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Biscuit

It never looks like I have concealer on when I wear it. 

RE: Re: Under Eye Concealer

Thank you for your reply. I will check out the Nars. I have a couple shades in the Radiant but they don’t work well on him. I stopped by my local Sephora and two beauty advisors recommended Benefit’s Boing Industrial so I got that. It’s going back. It does absolutely NOTHING. 😞 Tom Ford is a bit spendy for a 13 yr old though. Haha. Anyway. Thank you!
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing