Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Starting Makeup.

I'm interested into makeup but I have no idea where to start, do you guys think you can help? I'm looking for more the second skin or natural look, I have dry skin with a few pimples and blemishes and I do want to conceal that, I have a tan skin but I'm not sure on my shade.

Re: Starting Makeup.

Hello!

As a man that does not like the appearance of wearing makeup, I would not recommended BB cream or CC cream.

For me, the shades are typically too limited and if the color is a bit off, it can look like I'm wearing a mask. 

Additionally, I hate the perfected look of having my face entirely one shade. It looks too artificial and flat.

I would strongly recommend a good concealer. This way you can spot correct.

I use the Nars creamy radiant concealer. It took me a very long time to find my perfect shade,but once you find it, it will be the holy grail of your "no makeup" makeup look.

Good Luck!

@150matthw Try a bb cream or tinted moisturizer for a second skin natural look.  Maybe even try a color corrector. 

New to majority of the products, I can give you basic tips without concealing the problem. Let's start with the dry skin. You should get a regular regiment. An all purpose cleanser for dry skin used day and night will be a good start. Next, try something with the words BB or CC cream instead of foundation. Finally, either a neud lipstick or a tinted lip balm to conclude the glam. Just in case you want to eventually try a concealer try the orange concealer and if you think that's to dark mix it with a white concealer.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I'm more looking for the look of I use makeup but not a ton- type look.

Actually, when you use a full cover foundation you cover your pimples and blemishes. These two products will give you skin that looks natural but doesn't weigh on your skin. Taking a next step, from a minimum look you can create a fuller face by using these products and using foundation to contour your face. I was just considering not concealing the blemishes.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing