Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Ok I’m 56 and have started wearing makeup.

I wash my face, use a seaweed toner, then I moisturize. I use a foundation, then concealer under my eyes, I also use maybeline cream moisture stick for an eye shadow (barely noticeable) and then I use a Lancôme eyebrow thing and fill in my brows, comb them and set them. Then I finish with an all over setting powder. Am I doing things in the right order?

Re: Ok I’m 56 and have started wearing makeup.

For the product you're using, it's in the right order! Toner is always the first step of skincare and moisturizer should probably be your last, and since you don't have serums and stuff like that that's fine!
For face makeup it kind of depends! I like my concealer ON TOP of my foundation (which is what you said you do) but I know some makeup artists that put it under. So it's about preference (how you like the blend and stuff). Eye shadow and brows can be interchangeable! Theres no particular way to do the two!
However; I think it might be better to do setting power immediately after foundation/concealer (so it doesn't have time to move). Your brows might get setting powder in them and create an ashy looking - powdery brow. That's it though! Once again, it's all about preference on the steps, I simply suggest that setting powder comes immediately after foundation/concealer!
Hope that helped!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing