Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
Anonymous Insider

Observation

About a year ago I streaked my hair multicolored, started wearing conservative make up and polishing my nails in bright colors. I dress a little more avant-garde. I always did ok with women but not spectacularly. I’d speak to a stranger and often as not she acts like I’m Jack the Ripper, and my job included catching violent criminals sometimes. Since I started wearing light makeup and nail polish, especially, women come up to me and are super nice. Now I’m totally sold on this stuff. Any other guys experiencing this?  Women - what’s the deal. I expected the opposite   The nail polish affect is amazing 

Re: Observation

@Anonymous I'm not so sure that one thing has to do with the other. Could it be that you feel more confident in the look you've been wearing for the past year and that confidence makes you more approachable? 

Anonymous Insider

If you only knew....confidence has never been an issue in my life.  But the opposite could be true. I’m a lead singer/lead guitar player chief criminal investigator been to 50 countries guy. My partner says I’m the most confident person she ever knew.    I’m a lot more demure and far less masculine when I’m wearing makeup. Maybe I’m less scary

when the confidence is less pronounced. Throw in the curiosity factor and a lot more women are going to want to check me out. Pickup lines notwithstanding women make the decisions about which males get the girls. Remember African Genesis and The Territorial Imperative?  Guys wearing makeup are probably less threatening and just as protective. Maybe that’s it 

@Anonymous The only reason I can think of as to why women may find you more approachable is because they may feel they have something in common with you (aka enjoying makeup and beauty).  I don't think this way, however it kinda makes sense in my head when trying to imagine what other women are thinking lol!

Anonymous Insider

No It’s definitely a conversatiostarter.Womenaskme questions about my nails all the time. Once they start talking to me they usually end up grabbing or rubbing my arm. ... complete strangers. I told my single buddies and they didn’t  believe it. This ski season they saw it happen a lot but none feel they can pull it off. My girlfriend isn’t happy about it. The unnatural hair color has a similar effect

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing