Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Newbie for Makeup. Recommendations on primers, concealers, and foundation for oily and sweaty skin.

Any recommendations on primers, concealers, and foundation for oily and sweaty skin for a newbie? I got a sample for the fenty matte foundation it works pretty good. I think I’m having a hard time finding a primer. Also any good tips on applying those different type of makeup. Thanks.

RE: Newbie for Makeup. Recommendations on primers, concealers, and foundation for oily and sweaty skin.

I would suggest Origins moisturizer for oily skin. The reason your skinmight be oily is because it is overcompensating for the lack of moisture in your skin.And also smashbox photo finish is a great oil free primer.

RE: Newbie for Makeup. Recommendations on primers, concealers, and foundation for oily and sweaty skin.

Hey! I have extremely oily skin and I’m from Vegas so I get the dry heat and oil struggle. For priming my skin I honestly turn to moisturizers to control my oils more than actual primers. The origins matte moisturizer is AMAZING! For an actual primer I actually recommend the tatcha silk canvas. This smooths our your skin super well and it’s made out of three different presses silks so it’s super good for your skin. When it comes to oily skin and makeup it really comes down to good skincare to control your oils. However a good foundation does not hurt. My holy grail foundations are the Fenty pro filter and the este lauder double wear. If you’re looking for some SERIOUS oil control then do the este lauder double wear. For concealer the new two faced born this way concealer, Nars soft matte, or the tarte creaseless concealers are my favorites. Then one of the most important steps to controlling oil is setting all your creams in place. Beat some powder into your entire face and let it sit for a little bit. Focus most of the powder in your T-zone and under eyes. This will both set and brighten up your complexion. Finally when your done with your beat then use a mattefying setting spray to set it all in place. DO NOT use the urban decay all nighter. It has alcohol in it which will dry out your skin and cause you to become MORE oily because your skin will produce more oil to compensate for the dryness. Instead I recommend the Boscia White Charcoal setting spray. It’s natural AND super mattefying. I know this is super long sorry! I hope it helps!

No it was very helpful because I’ve bought so much makeup! Thank you very much!

Newbie for Makeup. Recommendations on primers, concealers, and foundation for oily and sweaty skin.

For primer you're going to want to use something that blurs pores and decreases oil. My suggestion is definitely Benefit The Porefessional primer. For foundation you will want something mattifying, either the Fenty Pro Filt'r foundation or the YSL All Hours foundation. You can be flexible with concealer as long as you have a really good setting powder to set the concealer and the rest of your foundation with. I would suggest the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. Good luck!!

Hey thanks for the suggestion will try them 🙂

You might wanna try just a concealer like the soft matte one from Nars and a powder foundation like barepro from bare minerals or duo mat from Makeup forever and set it with a setting spray depending on how hot or humid it is in your part of the country....

I’m in California, we have bipolar weather lol. But when it’s hot it’s mostly dry. I never thought about a powdered foundation. Thanks for the tip.

for my oily skin I’ve been using “Pores no more” to eliminate pores and have a smooth matte finish to my skin, ready for foundation. I would also suggest the Matte stick from Milk Makeup, it’s super easy to apply and eliminates shine and keeps skin matte 🙂

Thanks I’ll try that one!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing