Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

New to full face make up.

Recently just stopped caring what people would think of my passion for makeup and the art and fun of it! suggestions for getting a wing liner.. as much i try and watch videos i cant nail it.. and also whats a good countour kit, would you say creme or powder is better!

Re: New to full face make up.

I can't really help you with liner simply because it takes practice! It very very different for everyone and finding out what works for you is important! For wing liner I love creams, but I know a lot of people love liquid! So really it's about testing the waters and figuring out what you like best, but for technique, definitely finding what is comfortable and easy for you to do!

My favourite contour kit is from NYX, its pretty affordable and I love the consistency of the powders. And when I work on other people it has a good enough colour range as well. I prefers powders for contouring but (as I said before) its about preference.
Cream contours can be a little bit more difficult to control but look more "natural" when you work well with them. They embed themselves into the skin really nicely and look structurally more "real." Cream contours are also usually quite heavy so if you're looking for a light makeup application those kind of contradict. But all-in-all, cream contours will look like they are part of your natural bone structure more.
Powder contours are far easier to work with if you build them up, rather than going directly in with a ton of pigment. In my opinion, they tend to look more like makeup and less like natural bone structure. It's not a bad look though! They're WAY more user friendly and easier to blend. They're also, for me, easier to contour the nose with!

Once again, as I said, it's all about preference! I only try and recommend cream contouring for people who are experienced and/or have more time to blend blend blend, simply because powder is MUCH easier to work with.

Hope that helped!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing