Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
Anonymous Insider

New To This

Just want to say Hi! and introduce myself. 

Mature CD and I:ve come to realize it's never to late for learning and fun.

Still a little shy about going to a store,but I don't know why after reading this, and other forums. Probably start out with a color match and a little advice and go from there

Anonymous Insider

Re: New To This

Teeec

we are similar, I’m new to CD and suggestions sent me to this link, I.e. men who ware makeup. Some great discussions.  

Recently, I’ve went shopping with a lady in a skirt and that icebreaker has given me confidence to take more big steps like Sephora. I must admit I’d feel more comfortable going with someone for my first time experience ( any takers in the delray, palm beach Florida area?). 

Id also like to talk with a MU artist in advance then schedule an appointment.

i did something similar in advance of toes( French manicure) and brow waxing. Both turned out great

Also love to hear clothes shopping experiences, I’m athletic I.e. 5’11” 185. Struggle with dresses, much better skirt and top. Men’s shoe 11 therefore women 12 1/2-13

xxxx all

Hi @Anonymous!!!

Welcome to the community 😃 Sephora seems very dedicated to diversity, so I wouldn't be shy about going in the store presenting a certain way.  I'd be fearful of spending waaaaaay too much money when there though 😋

Let us know when you take the plunge, and share your purchases! We all like to live vicariously, LOL.

YES to diversity!!!! ❤️

My husband wears "everyday makeup" now, but the very first time he went into a Sephora with me to buy his own concealer, he was scared to death. Ha! The very first employee to greet us and offer assistance was a guy! (Male-presenting and -identified, but with gorgeous "weekend" eye makeup and contour.) I left my husband to it and sneaked off to shop for myself. That employee sent my husband back out into the world with so much energy and confidence! I think my husband was also relieved to learn, after one single shopping experience, that he really doesn't need me -- not at Sephora, at least. Maybe for groceries. 😉

I for one have definitely always been "that friend" who takes my first-time makeup-wearing friends to Sephora -- I understand the nervousness, the feeling of being overwhelmed, or even the feeling of being in danger, and all those feelings are 100% valid -- but makeup is for everybody. And I feel like, by and large, Sephora really enforces that philosophy. 🙂

OP -- if you're super uncomfortable AND have the means, have you tried visiting a mall makeup counter alone? You'd have the guarantee of knowing people aren't loitering or window-shopping (shoppers are sparse these days, ahaha), so it would afford privacy... but you wouldn't have the same range of product available. 😕 Just a thought, maybe a possible alternative.

xoxo! Enjoy the journey!!

Hi @Anonymous and welcome! 

Don't be shy about going into a store. It's like a candy store! ❤️ So much fun to look at and try and find goodies to bring home. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing