cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|
Anonymous Insider

New To This

What should I start off using first because I want to gradually make my way up to eventually using full face of make up, but just for starters I want to do something noticeable, but not too noticeable.

Re: New To This

I recommend a BB cream (medium to full coverage) or a CC cream (light coverage) and maybe a lipliner. I use Clinique's CC and Marc Jacobs lipliner in Slow Burn. I have fair skin so that shade of lipliner looks very natural. I use Anastasia's brow gel as a mascara or I use a clear eyelash primer (if you can find one at the drugstore). If you want to look more feminine, wear the clear eyelash primer, if not, I would avoid bringing attention to my eyes. I am a woman but I go for a natural look. Many people can't even tell that I'm wearing anything but they know that it looks good! I hope this helps, good luck!

On my very light makeup days I like to do at least my brows and concealer. With a very light hand I fill in sparse spots on my eyebrows with a color thats as close to my hair color as possible and then I use a clear gel to keep them in place. Concealer is just a matter of blotting a little of it on my blemishes and lighting patting on powder after.

RE: New To This

I would start with a foundation first. I also just recently got into wearing makeup and I went with the Fenty Beauty foundation. Unless I told them no one even realized I was wearing makeup.

Hey @Anonymous,

Welcome to the world of makeup! I look forward to watching your journey as you stumble deeper down the Rabbit Hole! Just like the name suggests, a flawless foundation is a great start towards a full face! Really finding that perfect shade match will make adding highlight/contour, etc that much easier! 

This foundation has got me through some though times, and is a nice start I feel for anyone! 

Good Luck,

Richard

https://www.sephora.com/product/teint-idole-ultra-24h-long-wear-foundation-P308201?skuId=1399385&icid2=products%20grid:p308201

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing