cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|
Anonymous Insider

Nervous...but very excited!

I'm a "50-something" crossdresser who has recently begun to step out and say "to hell what anyone else may think about me"...so excited to see so many other men who love makeup! Looking forward to booking a full makeover! Also curious if there are many others (crossdressers) my age who frequent Sephora to make themselves beautiful?

Re: Nervous...but very excited!

I am a CD as well and I have been shopping at Sephora for almost 2 yrs I guess. The staff is always friendly and ready to help. I remember when I went in to get my color IQ done, was nervous as hell but the employee who helped me made me feel relaxed and at home.

Anonymous Insider

I started wearing makeup on special occasions a few years ago. It progressed to an everyday thing. My gf isn’t happy about it but no one else cares at all. The hour makeover was a real rush for a number of reasons. Everyone had a good time. As I progressed I eventually discovered nail polish. Super fun. I like to do the things that can’t be easily or quickly undone. It shows commitment to what you’re trying to express   Gel polish doesn’t come off in 10 mins and you can’t hide your hands. Reaction has been 100%positve.

I wear pretty low key stuff nearly every day except maybe on weekends sometimes when like shaving. My GF doesn't say much about it, which is like....well okay.
Now that I have foundation and skincare down pretty well I am just starting to add bronzers and contour.
This stuff is hard lol 
But so much fun.

RE: Nervous...but very excited!

I was nervous and excited to try makeup too Best thing I did was just work one thing at a time. If it’s foundation, just do that for a while and try all kinds. I really got better at it faster by doing that. Shopping for it, buying it, putting it on and having it look like it belongs there. Makeup is so much fun.

Vegas! I recently visited, decided to have a drag club ex...

Vegas! I recently visited, decided to have a drag club experience. I'm not experienced enough to be confident of my skills so i asked the artists for makeup deluxe, feminine but not drag - whatever they wanted to do. I learned so much about technique, So very much worth it. I've never had so much fun in a club in my life! Forgive the poor quality pics please... Wonderful experience, one more item off my bucket list 🤩

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
testing