cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

NEW TO MAKEUP HELP

Hello

im really really new to makeup and have always felt anxiety and discomfort for being interested in it. I have finally decided to say f*** that and I’m ready to start having fun and building my confidence 

Anonymous Insider

congrats! I was the same way, its best to start off with...

congrats! I was the same way, its best to start off with basics 🙂 get a skincare plan down also. it will help everything else u do. my husband thought I was crazy when I started showing him skincare but now we do weekly masks together 🙂

RE: NEW TO MAKEUP HELP

Welcome to the wonderful world of men who wear makeup! I still get uncomfortable at moments and I work for Sephora lol. Sephora will ALWAYS be a safe place for you to learn and have fun! Let me know if you have any questions. First foundation I bought was covergirl now I have 32 foundations from Sephora collection to Tom Ford. It’s fun to express yourself and be the best you at the same time.
Anonymous Insider

Good for you!!! That's a difficult moment and quite a hur...

Good for you!!! That's a difficult moment and quite a hurdle to jump, but you'll be happier for doing it. It's your life. Live it the way you want to live it. Be your beautiful self on your own terms!

Re: NEW TO MAKEUP HELP

"YouTube is my drag mom" - Milk

This is true for me as well! I learned everything I know from watching videos and much trial and error.  I suggest researching and planning your purchases, as I went berserk when I first became enthusiastic and now have many WTH items that I would not repurchase now that I know more. I love makeup and the daily beat is sometimes the best part of my day!

Start with drugstore if you are on a budget, me however I started out in high-end makeup. But you can try Sephoras one private line. They are inexpensive and are of good quality. There powder foundations are smooth and their highlighter kits are awesome. Also KEEP AN EYE ON their WOW THURSDAYS. It's how I got my contour kits for dirt cheap

most Sephoras have free classes where they teach you tech...

most Sephoras have free classes where they teach you techniques, I've been to a few and it's been a huge help! Otherwise, buy some low cost product, load up some how-to videos (I like the ones actually on makeup sites, YouTube ones don't help me much), and practice!!

A good tip is , if you think people can tell you're wearing make up , when it's just like complexion cleaning up {foundation , concealer, bronzer , highlight} I promise no one knows lol and if they do, they won't say anything. I used to be scared too
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing