Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

Mens Natural Makeup - Where to Start?

I'm a pretty relaxed guy, but I do a lot of work outside & I tend to tinker on my cars on a regular basis after work. However, I want to take care of a few things that tend to make me self-conscious about my face. I have an olive complexion, yet my face always gets redness to it and my face tends to be pretty oily. I'm not really looking at anything for my eyes unless its for getting rid of the dark circles and puffiness. I also am not planning on doing a lot with the lips either as I tend to just use a lip balm. I'm looking to mainly even out my face to be one tone and to reduce the oiliness of my skin.

My husband and I do not usually do much with our skin so I am kind of clueless to all of this and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Mens Natural Makeup - Where to Start?

Hi there,

I would suggest that you use a face wash morning and night to help control and balance the skin Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic  Facial Cleanser. Glycolic is great to contorl oil production and keep the skin looking fresh. Use any moisturizer you may have for the face, I love Belif the Aqua Bomb gel in case you don't have one. And for when you want to look fresh and tone down the redness use the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and go for a shade close to you skin tone in a golden tone (This would help to minimize redness) Because your skin tends to get shiny, use a face powder to set the Tinted Moisturizer and help the skin to look matte. Makeup For Ever Matte Velvet Powder Foundation is great and it looks very natural for makeup for men. Hope you enjoy these recommendations, all the best . ilde Goncalves Sephora Pro. 

Mens Natural Makeup - Where to Start?

I would say to always start with good skincare that focuses on soothing (because you said your face gets red sometimes). That being said, simpler is better sometimes; I face the same problems as you with my oil/redness-prone skin and simpler routine helps me out. (These are all suggestions based on what you said and what I have used, I do not work for anyone at Sephora) For day time, I would say don't wash your face, but maybe use a cotton round with Primera's "Chamomile Micellar Cleansing Water" and follow up with First Aid Beauty's "Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer". For night time, Use a cleansing oil or balm (either will do the trick), like Drunk Elephant's "Slaai Cleansing Butter" or Boscia's "MakeUp-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil" as your FIRST cleanse. Follow up that first cleanse with a non-oil cleanser, like YouthToThePeople's "Superfood Cleanser" or First Aid Beauty's "Pure Skin Face Cleanser" (both work great as that second cleanse". You could finish up with that same First Aid Beauty "Ultra Repair Moisturizer" so you don't have to get a seperate moisturizer for the night time too. None of that stuff will matter if you do not ALWAYS protect with sunscreen, and I feel like a great "do it all" >face< SPF for someone just wanting to even out their skin tone would be Drunk Elephant's "Umbre Tinte SPF30" or if you want to control that oil some more, I would suggest Shiseido's "WASO Color-Smart Day Moisturizer Oil-Free Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen" (this one has a fragrance just fyi). For the neck and/or body, I know Supergoop has some really great options (just try not to get something tinted for the body... that would be really tragic for your clothes!) wow. idk what just took over me but my fingers seemed to be typing on their own😅 hope that helps & good luck!
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing