Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Men makeup

Hello I’m a guy who is trying to get into makeup and I am just asking for some advise on looks application etc. would appreciate the help and please no hate!!!

Re: Men makeup

It's great having these groups to follow @nrose2303  the ladies and guys  are very supportive. It would also be great to have some lady friends to hang out with.

Hey! I know a lot of people has helped with makeup advice, but if I can offer some help, you should start with your skin and lips.  A hydrated and healthy skin will help your makeup look smooth and it will require less if you are looking just to correct imperfections.  You may also want to decide what kind of looks you are going for, it may be something you are still exploring, but it can help you a lot when shopping for products, this way you will get the most out your investment because you will be more likely to keep reaching for the products you like the most.  YouTube is full of makeup tutorials, but getting to know your skin type, color preference, undertones, etc will be your best friend on this journey.  Best of luck! We are all here to help, no hate ☺️👍

Thanks for being so supportive of us guys that love makeup, @SoRouged . Check some of my posts on What Are You Wearing pt 2. Love your feedback.

Hi, I’m male, enjoy wearing make-up. I wear mascara lightly, light blue eye liner, mid upper lid to corner of eye and just a tad on bottom corner. I wear Nars shimmering pink lip stick, and depending where I’m going to add a little more color I go with Nars muted grape ! Light brushing of blush and I’m good to go !!

RE: Men makeup

Start with great skin and a good foundation that matches your tone and is suitable for your skin type and for what you seek to achieve through makeup application. That’s the most important place to begin!

Hi @nrose2303!

You can check out the Virtual Masterclass Thread for free virtual masterclasses.  I find a lot of them on the eventbrite website.  The Sephora IGTV (Instagram) videos are great for beginners as well.

@nrose2303 You can watch Youtube tutorials from Wayne Goss, Marlena Stell of Makeup Geek, Jaclyn Hill, Desi Perkins, Manny Mua, James Charles, Jaime Genevieve, and Patrick Starrr.  They have great tutorials on looks and applications.

Awesome thankyou so much I am so nervous but also exited to start my makeup journey 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing