Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

Makeup for elderly CD

It is so wonderful to find this group and I hope I can get some help.  I am a male to Female Trans person who has been using makeup since I was 7 years old.  I am 73 now, and I took a "sabbatical" for the last 4 years from expressing my feminine self for personal reasons.  I am now back to presenting as a female most of the time and 

it appears that in the last 4 years there has been a renaissance of acceptability for Trans people in many areas...makeup seems to be a major area.

This puts me back into almost the beginning stages of learning anew about makeup I should be using now.  I have started with using Sephora because I love their approach to sales, their products and the fact that they are there to help.

I will be going in for a one hour makeover in the near future and have a few questions about how store personnel handle Trans people like myself.

Should I go for my appointment dressed in female mode?

Does the hour long makeover session occur in the open, or is there a private area in some stores for this service?

At present, I really need an excellent moisturizing cream to use under foundation and full makeup and may be able to also be used on the eye area.  Should I get one cream for the general face area and one for the eye area, or a single cream for all areas?  Please, any suggestions would be wonderful?

Re: Makeup for elderly CD

Hello @Britfether welcome to BIC! 

The makeovers do take place out in the open in the store setting. 

I would go dressed as a Female since that’s how you express yourself, if you are comfortable doing so. 

My favourite moisturizing cream to use under foundation is DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer

it is absolutely wonderful. I personally do use a separate cream under my eyes but that is completely up to you! 

Re: Makeup for elderly CD

Thank you.  I will give it a try.

Angela

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing