From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

Is there an under eye concealer that will be undetectable for a guy that wears no makeup?

Hey! Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I figured it’s a good start. First a little background. So I am all about the skincare. I’ve been using sunscreen for years (thanks Mom) & when I hit 30 & realized those “ you look younger than your age!” Comments were actually genuine & not just people being polite I decided I would always invest in great skincare (well the ones that does what it says lol). Also I went to Paul Mitchell to study hair & was happy to learn they include extensive skincare teaching part of our education. Up til now I only use skincare products that while some or most are marketed more towards women, none are actually MU. I had purchased the new eye cream from Tatcha but didn’t realize until I received it that it was a skincare/MU hybrid. So I tried it & aside from it probably being a bad match, it also just looked bad. Next I read up on it & saw I probably used too much so I grabbed my Bioderm miccellar & removed it since I know that despite my using it to clean my face when I can’t get to the sink that most use it to remove MU. (Sidenote SEPHORA : start carrying Bioderm! You won’t be sorry I promise 😬. I reapply with tiny amount & slowly add more, but again just looked horrible. Finally I try using a free brush that came in one of my previous Sephora orders so that I could blend it in. Alas not much better. I gave up, & since I’d opened it & it was my mistake not Sephora’s I didn’t bother returning it & just gave it to my mom who is lighter skinned than I am. Here is what I’m looking for. I noticed suddenly when I smile that up close there are some lines that appear under my eyes. No crows feet or anything, just right under. I use a microneedler, a Clarisonic eye massager. Wear sunscreen. Use retinol, serum, & a good tatcha moisturizer, but I’ve been really wondering if there’s a concealer I can add that will help mask them, but idk if A) it’s possible to use if you don’t use any other MU. And B)is it possible to make it look undetectable? If yes what do you suggest? I’ve read reviews & 2 I narrowed down Are Tom Ford Men’s concealer pen & Yves St Laurent Touché Eclat pen. Sephora only sells the TF women’s one but idk if it’s similar enough to the men’s. I did read they are different though. So any help is much appreciated. Thanks G

Re: Is there an under eye concealer that will be undetectable for a guy that wears no makeup?

Hi @greg.  Maybe I missed it if you gave this info, but do you use an eye cream?  That can plump an smooth the under eye area some, and temporarily reduce the look of lines.  One that a lot of people in this forum (myself included) like to accomplish those goals  is Biossance's Squalane and Peptide Eye Gel.

https://www.sephora.com/product/squalane-peptide-eye-gel-P416562?icid2=products%20grid:p416562:produ...

Personally, I have yet to find a concealer that will diminish the lines under my eyes.  They all seem to accentuate them a little, even the products that promise not to.  I think it would be a little tricky for you to wear a concealer with no foundation and have the concealer not be noticeable.

I know of two products that I think work better when I'm not applying makeup to my whole face.  The first is Lancome's Genifique Yeux Illuminator.  This blurs the under eye area and reflects light better than anything I've tried, including the YSL Touche Eclat.  

https://www.sephora.com/product/advanced-genifique-yeux-light-pearl-eye-illuminator-youth-activating...

I also really like Bobbi Brown's Under Eye Corrector.  The shades the corrector comes in are closer to real life skin shades than a lot of concealers so it will probably look less noticeable. It also does a great job of hiding dark circles.  The consistency is a little tacky during application, so I would recommend using an eye gel or cream underneath, like the Biossance Peptide Eye Gel.

https://www.sephora.com/product/corrector-P270555?icid2=products%20grid:p270555:product

I hope you find something you like!

RE: Re: Is there an under eye concealer that will be undetectable for a guy that wears no makeup?

Hi! Thank you for your response! So yes I do use eye creams. I’ve tried about 10 different ones in the last couple years, but have never found one that I really love yet. I just recieved banana bright by ole henrikkson which I do like but I’ve noticed there is some sort of hint of universal color but idk that it makes much of a difference.

Re: Is there an under eye concealer that will be undetectable for a guy that wears no makeup?

@greg I do t have a particular recommendation for a concealer, however wanted to say that Yes, you can absolutely use just a concealer and have it be undetectable. I don’t find any concealer (im still on the hunt for my perfect formula) helps with the fine lines, but a bit of brightening and covering dark circles can do wonders. I’d strongly suggest going into a store to test out colours in person. Get a few samples if possible to play with at home as well. A great colour match, a light hand and blending will be your friends!

❤️ That your mom set you up with SPF young in life! 

RE: Re: Is there an under eye concealer that will be undetectable for a guy that wears no makeup?

Thank you so much!

@greg  I use RMS BEAUTY - Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation

on my no make up days and I just apply it under my eyes and around my nose where I’m a little red and I don’t find it’s super detectable. I’ve also used BECCA - Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer

only under my eyes and I blend it out really good and it looks like flawless skin. Maybe go into a store and try a few out and see what you can get the best match with. I know for me my skin tone is so hard to match so I need to test them out before. 

Thanks so very much Ather! Very appreciated
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing