Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

I need help with foundation...

Picking a foundation has been so hard for me! I’ve gone through a bunch and none last 10+ hours and they all show up texture, and look very cakey. I’ve used Esteé lauder and it looked fantastic for 5 days and one day I applied it and it looked awful! What’s a good foundation for combonation skin? To hide acne scars, acne, and last for 10+ hours. A concealer paired with the foundation would be great too!

Anonymous Insider

Re: I need help with foundation...

@brendan444 hello! I know I’m a little late to respond but I figured better late than never right? 😉 I also have combo skin and have been searching for yearsssss. I have FINALLY found the BEST combo. my personal favorite is Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Bruleeand TOO FACED - Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealerwith KVD Beauty Lock-It Setting Powder Standard Size Translucent - 0.67 oz(bake with the setting powder on t-zone and it’ll last all day) alsooooo the thing that I’ve read tons of reviews on Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Invisimatte Instant Setting + Blotting Powder 0.3 oz/ 8.5 gand everyone makes it sound sooooo amazing. Apparently it makes the foundation look like you just put it on. 

Thank you so much for the response :). I’ve always used those products separately but never all together. I cant wait to test it out 

RE: Re: I need help with foundation...

My new obsession is the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. I have combo skin and mild rosacea, which means I have both redness and texture. It has a natural finish, which is my preference. This foundation wears well throughout the day and feels like nothing at all, but provides medium to high-medium coverage depending on how you apply and build it. I use it with the NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer and love the results. You might want to use a setting powder if you want it to last over 10 hours. In a minute I'll post a picture of how it looked after eight hours at a wedding; no filter, just poor lighting that made the picture a little blurry.

Re: RE: Re: I need help with foundation...

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I’ve heard about that foundation but just never gave it a chance before. I’ll make sure to check it out and test it. Thanks so much 🙂

I didn't care for the Estee Lauder Double Wear - it can cake up around imperfections, facial hair, etc.  If you must use it, use a sponge blender to smooth it out.

As far as something new, you can't go wrong with the Laura Geller Balance & Brighten foundation.  It comes in a compact like a powder but it's not a powder - it goes on with a brush and turns into almost a cream upon application.  It's really amazing.  You can put on just what you need to look natural or build up to a really beautiful finish.  It also works well around facial hair areas (though you might have to sponge off a bit here and there).

For concealer, her concealers are good - a little goes a verrry long way, but can look kinda orange-y.  I love the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer (the regular, not the illuminating - the illuminating is much thinner).  You can use it anywhere on your face.  It covers like a dream and doesn't move.  Top it with the Laura Geller and your face will be flawless with just two products - trust me on this! 🙂

Thank you so much for this response! I cant wait to try these new products, thank you so much for your help 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing