Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

I'm new to this.

Anonymous Insider

Re: I'm new to this.

Oh, do the makeover but focus on one thing. There’s too much to learn to do it all at at once. I started with eye primer. I’d never heard of it. Now I use it every day. It’s easy. Eventually you’ll find your look. I’m still working on feminizing my eye brows

@Frankayyy, definitely go in and see an advisor inside Sephora you will not regret it.

As @Anonymous says it can become a bit of a slippery slope, I went in just looking for concealer and some under eye stuff at first...a year later I had bought enough to qualify for VIB which is nice with the discounts.

The advisors at Sephora in the stores are fantastic, you will learn a lot from them.

Start simple and work one thing at a time, that worked really well for me. I really enjoy Wayne Goss and another called the makeup chair both on youtube.

Anonymous Insider

Hello. Saw you mentioned me in the Nails post. I’m curious how you came to using makeup. Never talked to another guy who does. Are you everyday or just occasional?

RE: Re: I'm new to this.

Most days And I guess the tale of the tape is starting to become. “Why is your face looking so red today” on days when I don’t. So i wear it often is what my answer is. some days I can’t be bothered to shave for makeup or style my hair (I have a hi fade and long on top. So I joke with my girlfriend that hat days for dudes are the same as ponytail days for her. As for why I like makeup, I really dunno. And I’ve stopped wondering, makeup simply brings me joy. Always has and it’s a feminine (ish) element that I do enjoy expressing and integrating with my masculine side.
Anonymous Insider

Jump in with both feet. Do the 60 minute makeover. Try to take notes. There a lot to remember  At the start you might tend to be excessive so when in doubt be a little conservative. Be warned it’s a slippery slope. Once You start you may become obsessed. I did about a year ago and it’s a lot of fun. Most helped advice I can give is exude confidence. Consider nail polish too. Be prepared for surprises

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing