Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

I’m having the hardest time finding the correct foundation color.

I got a Fenty foundation and told it was my “match” to my previous Nars “Cuzco” and the colors are completely different! I want a great foundation to keep a dewy look in the upcoming winter months. Any tips or recommendations to find the closest color. Thank you!

Re: I’m having the hardest time finding the correct foundation color.

@Joshi2026 Shade matching is not an exact science, unfortunately.  Some brands tend to lean orange, some lean more yellow, others can be spot on, while others understand tan and neutral undertones better than others.  It's really different for everyone so you'll have try a few out.  For something nourishing,  try Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation 7.5 Neutral--I've been using this as the weather transitions to a cooler climate.  It feels nourishing to the skin and I believe it's mixed with skincare.  The color matching is kinda funky so try not to buy this foundation on line.  Get a couple of samples from Sephora first before you commit.   If you're a Cuzco, you were probably matched to a 270/280 (if I got this right, we happen to be shade sisters...lol). Fenty can lean a bit orange.  If you really like this foundation you may have to mix. For me, I have to mix 290 and 300. If you want to try CT, you're probably going to be between 7, 7.5 or 8.  This brand can lean a bit orange as well so you may have to go neutral and warm it up with bronzer.  You'll also have to let this dry about 5 mins like Fenty so you can see the true shade.  Get some samples first before you commit. PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Foundation Medium Deep 25 - I love this foundation--its a bit pricey but for my skin tone, the shade matching is impeccable. Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF 30 360 - Citrine  also has impeccable shade matching and feels nice on the skin.  Best of luck in your search! I hope this helps.

RE: Re: I’m having the hardest time finding the correct foundation color.

I’ve actually been wanting to try Pat McGrath. So I appreciate that personal review! I’m actually going to Nordstroms and Sephora today to try a few foundations. So thank you so much for sharing all that info! Let’s what damage I do. I’ll definitely post later. ☺️☺️
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing