Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Does anyone have any tips for foundation getting stuck in their beard or facial hair?

Hello everyone! 

I am looking for tips to keep foundation from getting stuck in my beard line and mustache. I currently am experimenting with the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer and Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation 15 Melrose . Thanks! 

Re: Does anyone have any tips for foundation getting stuck in their beard or facial hair?

So I don’t know if this will help you at all but whenever I am doing my complexion routine (both personal and on clients) I find the most amazing tool in my arsenal paddle brush like applicators (I don’t know if you are familiar but best point of referance I can give you are the Artis paddle style brushes). I don’t know what it is with these insanely dense brushe but it always seems to give me my most seamless finish hairlines and facial hair are obstacles in applying product! If you want something Sephora available I have also had success with the Hourglass Vanish foundation brush though I prefer my paddle brushes with male clientele! Usually the extremely dense brushes make it easier to maneuver hairlines and facial hairlines! Hope this helps somewhat.

Re: Does anyone have any tips for foundation getting stuck in their beard or facial hair?

It might be worth asking what tools (if any) you're using to apply? Because you tagged tinted moisturizer products, I'm guessing perhaps you're using fingers for application? Many light-coverage, sheer products are really well-suited to finger applications - but if you're having trouble with smearing into your hairline, maybe try a brush for application specifically around those difficult spots?

There's a huge diversity of brush forms and styles for you to try out; a store staffer might be able to help picking one out that can give you the kind of detail and precision you're looking for.

Thank you! I typically use a damp beauty blender to apply. I’ve been trying some newer techniques that have been helping some. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing