Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Does anyone have any favourite to achieve good brows?

I have natural thick eyebrows, but would love to enhance them!  Anything that give a good hairy looking brow is typically what I like, but I'd love to know everyones holy grail brow products!

Re: Does anyone have any favourite to achieve good brows?

I agree with most folks that Benefit and Anastasia (ABH) have some of the best performing eyebrow products. 
I have well structure brows already, so personally, I only add a little definition with a Givenchy brown pencil at the tail. If I want more shape and arch I reach for the ABH Pomade. It's amazing and what I most often use on clients who want to "create" a brow. Accompanied with the #12 brush it can create very thin, hair-like strokes. I usually star out by mapping the brow (see reference) and then creating a line at the base of the brow, and bring the product up. You can often achieve a more graphic or bolder brow with this. The pomade can set on the faster side, so just FYI. Once set, they stay on all day. Legit used it for a friend's pool party one time, they were still there by end of day! Adding a clear mascara can help to create that fluffy, feathered look as well.

The ABH powder duos are also great. a little more subtle but usually what I would reach for since I have shape and structure. This with a brow mascara as well and they'll stay in place all day.

The benefit pencils and pomades are nice as well, but ABH definitely has more color options and variety. The best part of ABH is that their shades are all analogous so if you have a preference in terms of medium (i.e. pencil, pomade, powder), your shade will be available.

Sephora also has an eyebrow fiber that's great. It has an applicator, but I find it best applied with a brush. The only setback is the lack of extra color range. This one can be used also to give more definition if you have a good base of brows. 

One last tip that can help achieve a good brow look is by using concealer around the perimeter of your brows. It definitely brings more definition to your whole face, and gives the brows a little extra "Pop." You can also use a slight shimmer shadow that matches your skin tone underneath the arch to give it a little extra pizzaz. 

image.png

I love ABH Brow Duo. Its subtle, and buildable and natura...

I love ABH Brow Duo. Its subtle, and buildable and natural looking. You can really choose how dramatic you want to go.
Anonymous Insider

I use Sephora's brow powder duo and it's bomb

I will have to say Anastasia Beverly Hills browwiz. You can start with outlining your bottom part of your brow and with the other side of the brush ( spoolie ) you start brushing upwards. Afterwards you carefully outline  the top fill in the middle and the end with the browwiz and afterward you continue to brush with the spoolie. To finalize it you take a concealer brush and dip it in your concealer and you clean around the brows to give it that clean look.  Hope it helps  💋

use the anastasia beverly hills brow definer, it's an angled pencil and it's easy for beginners. to fill them in use the benefit ka brow pomade the consistency isn't dry like the anastasia beverly hills pomade.

dobson2 wrote:

I have natural thick eyebrows, but would love to enhance them!  Anything that give a good hairy looking brow is typically what I like, but I'd love to know everyones holy grail brow products!

I see this was posted over a month ago but I think Benefit makes really great brow products that suit whatever style is more comfortable for you whether it's with a pencil, powders, brow gels, etc.

Shu Uemura Hard Formula Stone Gray

Shu Uemura Hard Formula Stone Gray

@dobson2 ABH Brow Wiz, and ABH tinted brow gel on lazy days. 😄

I love the smashbox brow pencil, its a bit creamy, but i love how i can build it up

Anonymous Insider

I use Anastasia dip brow and powder. I love it.

RE: Does anyone have any favourite to achieve good brows?

I'm fond of the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Brow Gel. Provides a nice natural look.

I used to be a fan of the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but I started using Benefit 'Precisely, My Brow Pencil' and it's pretty similar to the brow wiz, but I noticed it's not as waxy (the waxiness does help to keep those brows in place and gives it a more natural look.) 

My go-to is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil. It's simple to use and defines brows BEAUTIFULLY!

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.png
testing