Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Best primer for pores and fine lines

I always do a natural enhancing look, but I feel like my pores and fine lines always show. I always want a flawless texture but during the night or even late night (I only wear makeup when I go out) my make up will crease in the fine lines and the makeup will go into my pores and it’s so noticeable that I have makeup on I don’t have horrible lines only on my forehead since I squint my forehead when putting in contacts. My steps are moisturizer(la roshe posay), primer (tried so many current fenty instant retouch), concealer(Nars radiant creamy) on acne or red marks and then the hollywood flawless filter, powder sometimes if I’m in the sun or going to be sweating (laura mercier) and benefit 24 brow plus setting spray(urban decay all nighter). For the primers I tried benefit porefessional (the best for me but peels a lot) milk hydrogrip (didn’t do much) smashbox photofinish (made me break out) fenty instant retouch(doesn’t help and make my pores worse after a few hours. How do people get the flawless natural look that lasts? 

Spoiler

Re: Best primer for pores and fine lines

@pattw Sometimes, getting concealer to look great is all in the technique. When it comes to concealer, less is more. I tried to be as light-handed as I possibly can. Blending is also important to get it to be a thin, uniform layer. When I think I’m done blending, I’ll blend a little more.

For primer, if you find that it’s peeling or pilling, you might be that the chemistry behind it isn’t compatible with either your skincare or your makeup. Generally, water-based makeup and silicone-based makeup aren’t compatible with each other. If you really like the Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer, try switching your makeup to something water-based and see if the result is better for you. 

How do you like the flawless filter? I got it as a birthday gift from Sephora and this stuff is brilliant. In more ways than one. It matched perfectly, I think. I was using it to cover some psoriasis? breakouts and it worked perfectly. Only one problem, the brilliance. It glowed like crazy. Sooo I talk to my makeup lady friends and they handed me a certain powder to dull down the brilliant of the flawless filter. My wife had given me some medicated cream for the psoriasis and she was amazed at how fast it worked. LOL! I confessed I had makeup on and she didn’t believe me until we got back home and she took a Kleenex to wipe across my face. Of course then I was grilled over how to heck I knew how to put makeup on without anyone being able to detect that I had makeup on. 

I LOVE the Flawless filter! I wear it almost every day. It's so buildable and matches perfectly, just like you said. I totally get what you mean about the shine. I went to the beach once and used the Supergoop Glow Screen with the filter, and I looked as shiny as a silver car in the sun, haha.. But I found a way to make it more natural. use a matte primer like the Fenty or Benefit one, but just a tiny bit. Another option is a matte setting spray, like Urban Decay. I tried the powder method too, but I'm not a fan of powder. I prefer a glassy textured look for my skin, and I think powder takes that away a bit. Oh, and those Clean and Clear oil wipes are a lifesaver! You just dab them on your skin, and they remove the extra oil and shine without messing up your makeup. It's my go-to method! 

Check out Perfect Man Makeup on YouTube. He uses one I think from SmashBox that he uses on the no makeup days. In general, a blur type primer should make pores disappear. 
I have one from Revolution that I think a friend gave me and it does wonders for blurring my pores. That said, I haven’t applied any foundation over this one so I don’t know how that will go yet. 
I may order the SmashBox just as an alternative option. 

Honestly, I didn’t like the smash box one. For pores I do think the benefit one is the best.. like you can see the difference immediately but I’ve learned use less or else it gets flaky but yeah forsure I’ll check it out thanks

@pattw First it depends on having a good skincare routine for the makeup to look flawless.

I also love using Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold 

I have photos on my gallery with products I use. I am 40 and always get compliments on my skin which then helps my makeup look flawless.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing