From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

As a guy who want to get into makeup, where should I start?

I love wearing makeup. Usually what I wear is for movies or shows I perform and so it's only made to make me look natural but very pretty. I consider myself pretty straightforward manly in my style and I'd like to know if there's some makeup I could wear more often to make myself look better. I'm also a big fan of the baroque era and people back then really enjoyed it and I'm starting to work with a makeup artist to try to modernise these makeup styles. What do you guys wear in general? I'd like to wear lipstick too...

RE: As a guy who want to get into makeup, where should I start?

Thomas, I agree with you on wearing makeup to look more fresh :). I’m loving the Reboot foundation from Makeup for Ever and also their Matte Velvet Powder is great for men too. I also like to make the brows look fuller using the Sephora Collection Retractable brow pencil and then some Anastasia B H Brow Powder Duo. I love to apply some Marc Jacobs Bronzer, their are matte and perfect for men, on the lips I love to use anything from Bite specially the Agabe lip mask that comes clear and with color. All the best, ilde Goncalves SephoraPro

As a guy who want to get into makeup, where should I start?

A good way to find what kind of makeup you should do is find what you're comfortable doing and what best fits you, I usually do eyes,brows,contour, and highlight but no foundation or concealer(except for my brows) so what i suggest is to do what catches your eyes and practice and watch videos to see what you like and go from there because with time your tastes will change

Find a foundation and concealer that works for you. As far as lipstick, I would start with a balm or gloss. Have fun!

I do a sheer foundation most days (Clinique Even Better or luminous silk). Add a bronzer when I want to feel extra fab and maybe some Touche Eclat when I’m extra. Play around with what you like and ask your friends for their thoughts. It’s makeup. Have fun!

Welcome Thomas I wear full coverage foundation every day On top of that I use contour, bronzer and ifs often blended on top with a translucent or sometimes I use a powder foundation a shade lighter on top to set it. Most can’t see that When I am feeling I need to be extra is when I at times start getting “extra” on my cheeks. I am a child of the 80’s and I’m a sucker for draped cheeks....so at times I get real heavy handed when I want to stand out. So I get the baroque look, I prefer the noir side of that. It’s been about a year or a year and a half since I started to really get into it. I am lucky, my girlfriends acceptance has been awesome and I get more and more confident as I get better at it. we are starting to do our makeup together at times. To look better Finding a perfect foundation is really the cornerstone Learning your undertone and shade, and how your skin changes in the seasons. That’s a big first step to all of it. Watch post of vids, but more of all Practice practice par active Just jump in and start having fun with it Know you are going to make mistakes and learn from them. Most of all have fun

Re: As a guy who want to get into makeup, where should I start?

@ThomasMayer the best way to learn is to watch YouTube videos but also to take a class and ask a lot of questions.

For me I like a bronze/natural look where I can change the look up real quick by adding color to the lips.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing