Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

what's best for....

Okay so I'm one of those females that can't wear a foundation more than 3 months at a time. I start to break out. could it be my cleaning routine? I am struggling trying to find new foundation every 3 months. would like to hear what is most recommended. summer I wear matte and winter months I need something that hydrates.

Re: what's best for....

If you are having an issue with foundations, the problems should show up before the 3-month mark. It could be that regardless of what foundation you are using, your skin is just deciding to act up and be mean. If your skin looks good the rest of time, I wouldn't worry about switching foundations. However, take note if you recently changed anything in your routine. I get little breakouts around my nasal folds if my skin doesn't like something (rosacea-related). They usually show up anywhere from 3 days to a week after introducing a new product. 

Anonymous Insider

Don't know what your cleansing routine is but I would make sure that you're using an oil AND foam cleanser (if you don't already have a favorite oil cleanser I recommend boscia's Make-Up Breakup). My skin is so sensitive that I can't wear any foundation at all, I have been using amorepacific's color control cushion compact in the winter to cover any small blemishes and it works well. 

@Finallythe1 It's not exactly a foundation, but for winter I suggest you try the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue. It's a CC cream, but has some coverage, is moisturizing and doesn't aggravate my acne. I have also been adding a drop or two of Sunday Riley UFO oil into it and it makes a huge difference! It fights acne and keeps me hydrated. Might be worth trying. 🙂

RE: what's best for....

Try Dr Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil!!!
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing